Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Gate

the Gate

both a literal and metaphorical gate with some "light at the end" kind of expressed my mood for today... hope you enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Gate.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	323.3 KB 
ID:	88508  

Looks like some exotic land

The colors make me thing of some exotic foreign entry into an open market.

Feels like we're inside a cathedral with the sun behind us shining through a stained glass window. Very nice effect and a clever way to introduce color and dividing space. Good structure to the architecture that sort of works like a frame of sorts. Were I in such a place and seeing this, I would be dazzled by the colors first and then the architecture. And that's what I'm noticing first. It of course has a metaphoric tone to it that is very evocative of structure and culture and oldness and the reach out of the past into the present, permanence and the temporal, and tradition and aspirations and plateaus and containment, walls and bedazzlement and openings, directing the eye to a mysterious out. Don't think you've been twiddling your thumbs.

Looking good.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Where does this gate take? I love the combination of geometries and colors. It may well be an abstract as well!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The colors make me thing of some exotic foreign entry into an open market.
    a very intriguing possibility Marilyn Anne... sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Feels like we're inside a cathedral with the sun behind us shining through a stained glass window. Very nice effect and a clever way to introduce color and dividing space. Good structure to the architecture that sort of works like a frame of sorts. Were I in such a place and seeing this, I would be dazzled by the colors first and then the architecture. And that's what I'm noticing first. It of course has a metaphoric tone to it that is very evocative of structure and culture and oldness and the reach out of the past into the present, permanence and the temporal, and tradition and aspirations and plateaus and containment, walls and bedazzlement and openings, directing the eye to a mysterious out. Don't think you've been twiddling your thumbs.

Looking good.

Thanks D Akey, I thought it was amazing that a simple photograph of a not very interesting building could be transformed into a wonderful metaphor given the right combination of color and texture... that is the fun and creative part of all this for me. looking at an image and imagining what it could be. Of course some photos are tremendous subjects and stories all on their own but others that might quickly be passed over can have great potential

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Where does this gate take? I love the combination of geometries and colors. It may well be an abstract as well!
    That caught my attention as well Caesar when I was scanning over my son's photographs I cropped his image and centered it and then went to work on the colors and textures.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Loving your photo paintings....
    thanks Ken!..

As always, your paintings are stunning!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    As always, your paintings are stunning!!!
    thanks damasocl I am glad you like these photo-paintings.

Just had to check all them out Gary and so glad I did, so enjoyable to view all of these wonderful photo painting, love, love the textures

More beautiful colours - it must be thrilling to see them emerge as you apply your processes.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]