ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Beach Resorts - photo work

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Beach Resorts - photo work

    I am having a blast working with these photographs from Italy that my son took a couple of years ago , and just recently sent to me. I have always loved taking
    photographs and making them look more " painterly or like pencil sketches"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beach Resorts.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	88425  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Cool. Color's nice. Super rich. The line holds it. Feels like the kind of 'sensory aliveness' that happens when on holiday seeing and experiencing something new and pleasurable.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,462
    Love what you have done with these photos....Certainly has a illustrative/paintery look....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cool. Color's nice. Super rich. The line holds it. Feels like the kind of 'sensory aliveness' that happens when on holiday seeing and experiencing something new and pleasurable.
    thanks D Akey, I am learning how to pick images and move them into a more graphic look, little things that add up to a better result in the end. I really appreciate your comments on these.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Love what you have done with these photos....Certainly has a illustrative/paintery look....
    Thanks Ken , I am not the photographer you are but I really enjoy using them as a basis for a work...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    I like the look

    It is fun to do and if it is your own photo or in this case your son's you have a lot of freedom. I get a little insecure if I start playing around with someone else's but I have a couple of times and the outcome is so painterly and different I end up liking the work.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It is fun to do and if it is your own photo or in this case your son's you have a lot of freedom. I get a little insecure if I start playing around with someone else's but I have a couple of times and the outcome is so painterly and different I end up liking the work.
    Thanks again Marilyn Anne great to hear you like to do this type of image work as well...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •