ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: program crashed

program crashed

Hey.. i have some major problems with the software! For some weeks ago i lost all my drawings in artrage..(but i saved all the drawings on my imac)The program crashed!... Now for the third time in a row the program crashed.. all i did is lost.. Again.. What is the problem?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems.

It sounds like you're using the desktop version on Mac OSX?

Did you get any error messages?

Did you get a crash report after the crash? If you can copy and send that report to support@artrage.com it will tell us exactly what happened.

What version do you have? (Find out by going to Help > About ArtRage).

What Mac OS version are you using?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems.

It sounds like you're using the desktop version on Mac OSX?

Did you get any error messages?

Did you get a crash report after the crash? If you can copy and send that report to support@artrage.com it will tell us exactly what happened.

What version do you have? (Find out by going to Help > About ArtRage).

What Mac OS version are you using?
    I have a one year old imac.. Totally uppdated... I hade some problems before the program crashed yesterday.. It was not working smootly.. No,not a report.. .. First time it happend,i coudn't save the painting i did.. Where can i find the crash report,if there is one.. And thanks for the quick answer,by the way.. -Danny

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    I have a one year old imac.. Totally uppdated... I hade some problems before the program crashed yesterday.. It was not working smootly.. No,not a report.. .. First time it happend,i coudn't save the painting i did.. Where can i find the crash report,if there is one.. And thanks for the quick answer,by the way.. -Danny
    Okay, it sounds like it could be problems with your computer, rather than ArtRage, but without error messages or crash reports, I can't tell for sure.

You'll see a crash report (if you get one) right after the program crashes (there'll be a 'this program crashed, see crash report?' message). If it wasn't ArtRage, but your computer just shutting it down, then you probably won't see a crash report.

Next time you see any problems, can you:

- make a note of what the problems are/what you are trying to do
    - make a note of any error messages you see
    - look for the crash report after it crashes and copy and paste that

You can email everything to support@artrage.com (the crash report will be very long).

I also need to just doublecheck the version of ArtRage you have. Please go to Help > About ArtRage and look for the version number (e.g. 3.5.12, 4.0.6, 4.5.9... ). Some versions have problems that were fixed in later versions.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hello Danny
    If your Mac was/is not working smoothly generally then it might be worth checking the drive with Disk Utility in; Applications > Utilities folder.
    Open it and click the Verify Disk button, bottom right corner of the window.
    Also make sure you have a tick in the little box near the top of the window marked Show details so you can see what Disk Utility finds.
    If there are problems they will be displayed in red and you will be told what to do next.
    Faulty RAM can also cause problems but to test that you need to use Apple Hardware Test which should be available from your Recovery Drive partition.
    Best to test with the extended test but this can take an hour or two to complete depending on how much RAM you have.
    Last edited by markw; 12-10-2015 at 07:35 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)