ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Advent Calendar

An Advent Calendar

Not sure about this, a bit of a gamble as to weather I can post every day from now till Christmas but as they say, "nothing ventured…"
    Hopefully by the end it will have provided some slight amusement during this festive season.
    So to begin…

The Calendar
    This is a large Advent Calendar measuring 16" high x 11" wide and ¾" thick. Made of stout 280grm/m card around a plastic core.
    On the front is a picture of Santa flying through a clear night sky in his magic slay drawn by his trusty reindeer! Far below lies a small snow covered village. It's lights softly glowing, warm and comforting in the night.
    Scattered across this scene are the numerous little perforated openings of the Advent windows. All as yet unopened, still guarding their secrets.
    The thickens of the calendar suggests it is of the type which may also contain treats and surprises! As well as the usual seasonal miniature scenes behind each window.
    But for now we must wait until tomorrow before we can open the first window and discover its secrets.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Window 1

A picture of a snow flake.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Window 2

5 snowflakes!
    It is snowing much more heavily now. Behind them through this window can be seen a winter landscape of a village shrouded in snow.
    It is getting dark and a warm inviting glow can be seen coming from many of the windows of the houses in the little village.
    In the garden of No22 is a newly made snowman. The children who made him are rushing indoors for tea!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

What is the reason for your account? You painting in our minds like a radio broadcast anticipating Christmas like the dropping of the New Years Ball in Time Square? (5. . . 4. . .3 etc.)

If you're doing a real world painting, why not upload pictures to show your progress to give it some context?

Sounds like a cool idea, stepping your way through a painting.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Window 3

A treat!
    A tiny bar of milk chocolate in the shape of a reindeer.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    What is the reason for your account? You painting in our minds like a radio broadcast anticipating Christmas like the dropping of the New Years Ball in Time Square? (5. . . 4. . .3 etc.)

If you're doing a real world painting, why not upload pictures to show your progress to give it some context?

Sounds like a cool idea, stepping your way through a painting.

More like the radio I think, as the images are always so much better than the movies
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

Window 4

A large Christmas pudding!
    (For reasons of safety it has not been lit, as this is a rather small window for such a large pudding!)
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

Window 5

A picture of cosy, warmly lit living room.
    To the left burns a log fire, whilst on the right stands a freshly cut Christmas tree. It is being decorated by the two children from Window 2.
    Unfortunately the tree still contains some squirrels.
    They are not happy about the relocation of their home and are throwing fir-cones at the children, who have taken shelter behind the sofa.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

This doesn't make any sense. This is an art forum, not a......whatever that is forum.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Ah, I see my somewhat quirky sense of humour has proved my undoing here.
    It was perhaps asking a bit much of people to just go with this, admittedly unusual, Advent Calendar one day at a time.

I hope it raises a smile or two with some and wish all here a very happy Christmas.
    Last edited by markw; 12-08-2015 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Well since I've started I might as well finish as I intended for the "benifit"? of those who didn't save the pdf I had posted here.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff: