ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bug Report: ArtRage Studio Pro, 3.5.2 under Mac OSX 10.11 El Captain

Unhappy Bug Report: ArtRage Studio Pro, 3.5.2 under Mac OSX 10.11 El Captain

I have had ArtRage Studio Pro, V. 3.5.2 for a while and periodically used it under Mac OS X 10.6.8, using a mouse only and without issue. I recently migrated everything {via a Time Machine backup} to a new 27 iMac {late 2015, i7 with 8 GB Ram and AMD Radeon R9 M395X GPU - 4 GB) running El Captain and now have problems.

The app launches and I continue to have normal mouse control on my desktop before making any selections within ArtRage. However, after clicking on an ArtRage tool and moving the cursor outside of the palette or tool bar area onto the canvas, the cursor disappears. A random click and/or drag on the canvas to determine its location reveals the tool icon and I can make a stroke, but the response is slow. Upon discontinuing a stroke, and attempting to re-position the cursor, the cursor again disappears. Only when the cursor has been re-positioned over one of the toolbar or palette areas, or outside of the drawing area, is it again visible.

Should I attempt to reinstall the program, or are there known issues with this program version under El Capitan?

Just to clarify, are you running 3.5.2 or 3.5.12? If you have 3.5.2, that's badly out of date and you need to get the latest version (3.5.12) from https://members.artrage.com.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Follow-up to Bug Report: ArtRage Studio Pro, 3.5.2 under Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Just to clarify, are you running 3.5.2 or 3.5.12? If you have 3.5.2, that's badly out of date and you need to get the latest version (3.5.12) from https://members.artrage.com.
    Good question. I only registered the product recently, and plugged in the serial number, which brought it up as 3.5.12 in the member area. When I click on the program in my Mac applications folder, however, to get information, it shows up as version 3.5.2. My product was purchased for download on Order Date: 01/16/2012

Smile Reinstall Report: ArtRage Studio Pro, 3.5.12 under Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan

After a download of v. 3.4.12 from the members area and reinstall, ArtRage now appears to be working properly. Oddly, it still shows up as ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.2 in the Mac Finder, however, when I do command. +i. Thanks for your help, HannahRage!

Quote Originally Posted by artiste View Post
    I only registered the product recently, and plugged in the serial number, which brought it up as 3.5.12 in the member area.
    The member area shows you the version available to download. It doesn't know which one you have installed on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by artiste View Post
    Oddly, it still shows up as ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.2 in the Mac Finder, however, when I do command. +i. Thanks for your help, HannahRage!
    If it's still doing that after a restart then you may have installed ArtRage twice - just check the Applications folder to make sure you don't have two icons and delete the older one. Macs can also 'remember' programs that have been sent to the trash folder, so it might be finding it there.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!