ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Couldn't Get This Site To Load Earlier

Couldn't Get This Site To Load Earlier

There are times that your server is really slow, and earlier today it never loaded at all. Other sites were loading promptly.

Are there times to not try and check in?

Is this site getting bogged down by so much content having to load in the longer, like 7 page threads?

Hello Mr D
    It happens from time to time that I can't get through at all either. My local technician from whom I bought my updated PC, told me that a lot depends on the location and construction of your home as to how quickly the ISP works even without 'jetstream' or 'broadband' as it's named here. I don't have the fast internet connection but to me, the connection process is pretty quick!
    It seems I am a bit lucky in that the construction of my home is very basic, and also I am far enough away from the foot of the mountains that affect internet access. The other things I have noticed regarding access is yes......as you thought, at certain times of the day or night, there are a lot more people on the internet which makes it slow going.......and.......the weather! If we are in the middle of a storm or one is about to explode, then the internet plays up as well. I turn the PC off on the rare occasions that the weather affects my ISP. I do that mainly because I don't want to get a lightning strike or power surge which could mess up my PC. Also...I am often under the table during a storm and I can't paint from there :wink:
    I don't know about the long threads.........too technical for me. Anyway, if it happens that the long threads start affecting the forum site, then I'm sure the Rage Boys will soon fix that.
    Cheers for now
    Marian from "down under" as NZ is known.

Hi D akey and Marian,

I'm midway between you both and it slowed down here as well.

I blame DaveRage he's been very quiet lately. :lol:

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Would it be possible because there's a server maintainence this weekend which announced by Dave recently? :roll:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=5651

Thanks for the heads-up, Pai. . .

I may go through withdrawals without the ArtRage site online. :roll: :wink:

Not sure about the slowdowns I'm afraid. I've not had trouble accessing it but I am in a funny time zone of course. The outage over the weekend will also have taken the forums offline for about 12 hours but everything should be back up and running again now.

Or maybe I should've have pressed -that- button.. what? Oh, nothing, nothing at all, just thinking out loud
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design