ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Börje Salming -Toronto maple leafs

Börje Salming -Toronto maple leafs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	salming klaar_Fotor.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	88304.............

Fine portrait again of a certainly good sportsman. It looks like age is not a issue for Hockey. Putin too still plays it, I learnt.
    Yesterday I came across in a free sport TV channel showing a hockey match between two of our teams and thought of Your portraits. Sometime I looked matches even before and it's an interesting sport too, although it's often hard to spot the disc when thrown (too fast).
    As I said, here teams are substantially from northern and alpine towns, mostly not large ones, so it remains a quite exclusive championship with a limited audience. As a consequence I know nothing about great champions (apart from a Canadian who was considered a sort of Maradona or Messi more than a decade ago, I thinks).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Fine portrait again of a certainly good sportsman. It looks like age is not a issue for Hockey. Putin too still plays it, I learnt.
    Yesterday I came across in a free sport TV channel showing a hockey match between two of our teams and thought of Your portraits. Sometime I looked matches even before and it's an interesting sport too, although it's often hard to spot the disc when thrown (too fast).
    As I said, here teams are substantially from northern and alpine towns, mostly not large ones, so it remains a quite exclusive championship with a limited audience. As a consequence I know nothing about great champions (apart from a Canadian who was considered a sort of Maradona or Messi more than a decade ago, I thinks).
    Name:  borje_salming.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  7.2 KB This is the ref i used.. He was one of the best.. I'm dutch,so i love soccer ,but now here in Sweden i have learn to love hockey. It's a quick game,alot of feelings.. I really love it know.. Better to see a good hockey game,that a footboll game..

I recall the finesse Borje played the sport with. He wore #21 for the Maple Leafs and was a very skilled defenseman.
    Salming and fellow countrymen Inge Hammarström both played their first seasons in the NHL with Toronto the same year. However Inge Hammarström did not last as long as Salming.

Hammarström also played a couple of seasons with my beloved St Louis Blues....

Love your painting....