Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby Throated Hummingbird sketches

Thank you very much chellesky.

Finished Hummingbird Project

Here is the finished effort. Trumpet Vine and hummingbirds drawn and colored in ArtRage. Background done in Photoshop, Illustrator and ArtRage. Keeping my fingers crossed it will print ok on fabric.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trumpet-Vine-and-Hummingbirds low res.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	355.7 KB 
ID:	88916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trumpet-Vine-Horizontal-Repeat-Low Res.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	88917  

Oh my, jmac!
    This is beautiful. It's going to look stunning on a fabric or for a wallpaper design.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks Mark. I'm going to have sample printed soon and I'll let you know how it comes out.

I'm almost speechless! It looks like every leaf was painted - no cloning or duplication. The hummingbirds are perfect. Lovely, lovely work.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thank you Enug. I did clone 2 small stems, rotate and move them and then changed a couple leaves slightly. That was towards the end when I was sick of doing leaves . The painting was really the easiest part. I did a pencil drawing in ArtRage of the vines and flowers, as I had done with the hummingbirds. Then on a separate layer I set the blend mode to "Tint" and I used the air brush to color the leaves, erasing away the overspray. Basically hand coloring a greyscale drawing. It work great until I added a background and realized my pencil drawing had a lot of transparency and the background showed through the leaves. My limited familiarity with AR led to a lot of extra work. I had to create a white fill behind the vines and birds to block out the background. That was the most tedious part of it. Fortunately AR is great for allowing you to fix mistakes!