ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: newbie here need help on changing the color on a sticky

newbie here need help on changing the color on a sticky

Hi:

I have been learning the different aspects of ArtRage... and have a question after not seeing it or finding it on the user manual --

Can you change the color on a sticky once you put it on your canvas?

Say I chose the splat paint and want to change the standard red color when placed on the canvas to yellow. How do I go about it?

Also, if I want to use the Sticker Spray -- and spray multiple paint splats.... ?
    Because when I play with the spray paint it just keeps painting marbles (?) and won't let me spray the paint.

Any clues or where I should look to do this?

Thanks, R

It sounds like you maybe not be selecting the right Sticker preset.
    With the Sticker Spray tool active open the Presets panel and click on the Group button at the top of the panel and select Art Clippings. Now choose the Paint Splats from the choices offered.
    Dose this work?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 22.01.21.png
Views: 112
Size:  37.1 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

You can't easily change a sticker after you've painted it in most cases, because it's just paint at that point. So you can change it the same way you would change paint.

So your options would be:

- the Fill tool
    - Edit > Adjust Layer Colors (AR4)
    - Layer Blend Modes to create new colour effects

However, if "Auto-flatten" is turned OFF, each sticker will remain a separate sticker, rather than paint, and can be edited separately. Right click on the stickers to change the Tint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoflatten sticker color.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	88264

However, the sticker spray colour, in most cases, will be the same as the colour you have selected in the colour picker (apart from some special cases), so it's probably easier to redo it with the correct colour.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

a note of thanks

Thanks guys... I will look into this.