ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Blue Chrysalid

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Blue Chrysalid

    a little change of format from the square I usually employ to a more traditional 5x7 layout. And now that we are heading into winter I was impressed on the idea of a chrysalis and how they curl and hide in the dark waiting until some ware spring day to metamorphose into something wonderful. So enjoy this and Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on this forum!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue Chrysalid.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	389.0 KB 
ID:	88219  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,004
    The blue form immediately caught my eye - to me it looks like a wet pebble with reflections. Interesting use of wet looking textures.

    We are heading into summer after the coldest winter in a long time so I don't like to think about winter. We don't do Thanksgiving down here but I think we should - we have so much to be thankful for - have a good one.
    June.

    Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

    http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    A masterful use of all hues without clashing into a noisy and annoying mess. I appreciate the use of the gloop pen to get areas with transparent and translucid overlay of colors. The blue area, also in Your explanation, is a curled cocoon of dormant life waiting for a springing unfolding.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilmington North Carolina
    Posts
    7,205
    Really love the colors in this Gary, the blues are wonderful and design very interesting, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you are all your family,(don't eat to much turkey

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    The blue form immediately caught my eye - to me it looks like a wet pebble with reflections. Interesting use of wet looking textures.

    We are heading into summer after the coldest winter in a long time so I don't like to think about winter. We don't do Thanksgiving down here but I think we should - we have so much to be thankful for - have a good one.
    Thanks for commenting June, hope your summer makes up for your winter... seems the weather everywhere is changing in dramatic ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    A masterful use of all hues without clashing into a noisy and annoying mess. I appreciate the use of the gloop pen to get areas with transparent and translucid overlay of colors. The blue area, also in Your explanation, is a curled cocoon of dormant life waiting for a springing unfolding.
    Thanks dear friend, glad you enjoyed this and did not get annoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Really love the colors in this Gary, the blues are wonderful and design very interesting, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you are all your family,(don't eat to much turkey
    Thanks Pat, I will try to contain myself next week. May be we need a special day here on the forum for Thanking the great Art Rage team, with lots of food and beverages...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    I'll have a bub buuu blllooooo chrysalis. . .
    Uh. . . thank yew very a-much. . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-P...9-PN1sftaI#t=0

    So blue what could I doooo. . . nice one!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,462

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Another delightful piece Dear Gary Hope you had a great TG
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I'll have a bub buuu blllooooo chrysalis. . .
    Uh. . . thank yew very a-much. . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-P...9-PN1sftaI#t=0

    So blue what could I doooo. . . nice one!!!!!!
    !!!!! thank you Mr D Akey.... wishing you a great Thanksgiving!..

    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Gary... A delightful abstract....
    Hi Ken, great to hear from you again....

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Another delightful piece Dear Gary Hope you had a great TG
    Thanks AndreaMG always great to have your comments and views.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    It is a sheltered place

    I like the fact that the world around it looks colorful and inviting yet here is this protected place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •