ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: One of my favorite actors, Denzel :-)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Avesta Sweden
    Posts
    626

    One of my favorite actors, Denzel :-)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1426400304554.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	88214.........

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Fabulous again! Actually they look like caricatures (biggere heads) but they're rather portraits since there's hardly a distortion in proportions. Expressivity is perfect here.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Avesta Sweden
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Fabulous again! Actually they look like caricatures (biggere heads) but they're rather portraits since there's hardly a distortion in proportions. Expressivity is perfect here.
    I'm bussy with a course that Jason Seiler gives on schoolism. A caricature course.. So i hope to be better in drawing caricatures ...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    I found excellent a book by Tom Richmond, very good in particular when it comes at caricatures and how-to apply appropriate distortion of proportions while keeping the likeness. He used to work for Mad magazine. Actually I tend that problem, i.e. to keep within a limited deformation and not dare to push too much facial features. (apart from little diligence and patience to finish with any neat detail, skin textures etc. for a most realistic loook).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Avesta Sweden
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I found excellent a book by Tom Richmond, very good in particular when it comes at caricatures and how-to apply appropriate distortion of proportions while keeping the likeness. He used to work for Mad magazine. Actually I tend that problem, i.e. to keep within a limited deformation and not dare to push too much facial features. (apart from little diligence and patience to finish with any neat detail, skin textures etc. for a most realistic loook).
    I have that book.. Its helpfull.. But he(Richmond) isn't as good as Jason Seiler... Or Joe bluhm(also a great artist)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,462

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    I have that book.. Its helpfull.. But he(Richmond) isn't as good as Jason Seiler... Or Joe bluhm(also a great artist)
    I do like Joe Bluhm and recognize that Jason Seiler is very professional, in a less original way though, since we have YoannLori in here and used to have Hanzz as well that can match the same level and many other comparable caricaturists too around the world (there's a German one for instance I don't remember the name who is astounding in that sense).
    Being less conventional and more original is rare enough for caricaturist I think. Use of computers, softwares, reference pictures and all the rest make it all far easier today and enhance realism up to hyperrealism. I'm not a Tom Richmond relative or supporter, but I found that he teached quite well. Not the best professionals are the best professors after all, in universities too. Moreover I'm convinced that the ones who can capture with the least of the signs the likeness, both features and typical expressions, are the real masters and artists, especially if they can do it out of their memories. All the other ones are magnificent specialists.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •