Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie seeking critique (new painting Nov 20)

I agree with all post...
    This is wonderful!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Hi and welcome to this very friendly forum, there are lots of very skilled creatives here and you certainly did very well in your first post. D Akey and Caesar have always been the source for great critques that match the skill level and style of the person. They made some great suggestions , but I don't know how you worked this painting in ArtRage, but if you did not I would suggest separating your foreground, middle ground and background on one or more layers. that way each area can be adjusted or tweaked so the final painting works and you won't destroy any finished areas. For example you could add a new layer to this image and try painting the foreground rocks etc and if you don't like the result just erase and start over until you get a result you like.. good luck and I look forward to more of your work..

i love this. so beautiful painted

Thank you for all the feedback so far.

I've made another one, trying to follow the advice posted. Most importantly I've focused on getting more of a foreground going, add more depth, and use more vibrant colors. I've also (I think) solved the problem of a tilting horizon by simply hiding it...

What do you think? What works and what doesn't?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creek.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	88228  

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Hi and welcome to this very friendly forum, there are lots of very skilled creatives here and you certainly did very well in your first post. D Akey and Caesar have always been the source for great critques that match the skill level and style of the person. They made some great suggestions , but I don't know how you worked this painting in ArtRage, but if you did not I would suggest separating your foreground, middle ground and background on one or more layers. that way each area can be adjusted or tweaked so the final painting works and you won't destroy any finished areas. For example you could add a new layer to this image and try painting the foreground rocks etc and if you don't like the result just erase and start over until you get a result you like.. good luck and I look forward to more of your work..
    Thank you. I've tried to follow your advice in the recent painting and using layers. It does make things easier that's for sure

Adding another painting hoping someone will leave a little feedback. I am not happy with this one, but instead of continuing to try to save it, I'd rather move on to the next one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mt II.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	88255  
    Last edited by Mordred; 11-23-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Mordred, you are getting such a great start and doing so well, wish my start was that good lol, great advise from our friends in the forum, they have been my support since I started about 6 yrs ago, just keep going and I am so looking forward to more of your work

The style got richer for sure and kept all its original good points I'd say. Impressive evolution indeed.
    It looks like You may paint stones and rocks as well, notwithstanding You stated the contrary. Even there You may use colored rather than neutral grays where appropriate, by appropriate mixing or or adding a layer with semi-trasparent touches of cold hues in the shadows, or warmer colors, where there's some lighting, obviously with reference to the general "temperature" depending on the sky and light colors and intensity.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gorgeous paintings....the colors are so rich & vibrant...