ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Text Tool

Text Tool

Hi
    I am having trouble working out how to start a new line of text without it creating a new layer. Cause when I press the enter key it automatically opens a new layer.

Reply for anyone with same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Moheli View Post
    Hi
    I am having trouble working out how to start a new line of text without it creating a new layer. Cause when I press the enter key it automatically opens a new layer.
    I thought that I would put the solution I happened to stumble onto by hitting some random keys. If you are copying test from an outside source and want to paste it to an artrage picture and find that it is not laid out properly click on the page just before the text you want to move and then press the FN key while pressing the Down arrow key and it moves all text down a line or two depending on how many times you hit the arrow key.

ArtRage shouldn't be creating a new layer when you press Enter. Can you tell me:

- what layer you're on when this happens (e.g. paint or text layer)
    - are you actually typing? Or is the text no longer 'active'?
    - what version of ArtRage and operating system are you using?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!