Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for resources for ArtRage!

Call for resources for ArtRage!

ArtRage artists have created some incredibly canvases, stencils and tool presets and we'd love to include some of them in future updates, such as ArtRage 5. This is a call for contributions from an amazing community, and an opportunity to officially recognise your awesome works.

Important: We DO NOT have any kind of release date for ArtRage 5. We're working on it, but it's still a very long way off - long enough that we can't even give you a reliable estimate. You've got plenty of time to make sure you're submitting your best work!

People who create a significant number of resources that we decide to include in the program will get a free copy of ArtRage 5.

Rules

To submit something, just post it, or a link to it, in the thread below, and we'll download and evaluate it closer over time. We won't be able to tell you if your resources will be included until shortly before the actual release, as there are too many things that might change beforehand.

• We will accept existing creations. We'd happily grab all the existing stuff of the forums, but we want to make sure we have official permission from the creators (if you have created existing resources that you want us to use, leave links below).
    • We will require that there be no commercial constraints or intellectual property issues. These resources will be included with ArtRage, and freely available to all users to create content with.
    • We will need the right to include these resources in future versions.
    • This is an ongoing open call until we say it's closed.

We will have a high standard for content, and can't guarantee that your submissions will make it into the final release. The resources that make the cut will chosen by Ambient Design staff and will depend on a range of factors, including avoiding duplication (if six people submit the same set of color samples or a very similar background, we'll have to narrow it down!), and whether it works for ArtRage 5 (as there will be a few changes to the program).

Everyone who contributes will be credited on the site, and we may make additional resources that don't make it into the program available for download. Your submissions here will remain freely available for users to download up until release (and probably after, but that's too far away to be sure about right now).

Resource Examples

We're looking for a variety of resources. While there may be changes to the tools and program, most existing resources will still work. Themed packs, realistic traditional effects, and things that aren't currently in the program would be awesome.

Basically, if you ever went "I wish ArtRage had...", then we want that.

- Stencils
    - Pattern fills (e.g. manga screentones, generic background patterns)
    - Color sample sets (note: we can't offer samples of commercial brands within the program without permission)
    - Tool presets: we can't guarantee these will work exactly as they do in older versions until we're a bit closer to releasing, but we'll still accept them!
    - Canvases/textures
    - Sticker spray brushes
    - Tracing images
    - Line arts/colouring images
    - anything else you can come up with!

colors scales pickers and abstract brushes

Hello,
    here are my resources (link to my download folder):
    https://app.box.com/s/o9rfhmo0k2qld1mbif4syy9mj9tix119

Name:  Capture abstract brushes.JPG
Views: 2320
Size:  38.0 KB

note: the abstract brush files can be used as stickers or as brushes.

If you want to use them as stickers with the sticker sheet collection, open the sticker sheet collection, make a new group and add the stk-files from your disk.

If you want to use them as brushes together with the sticker spray tool, copy the folder with the stk-files to your custom content Artrage folder, similar to this:
    C:\Users\yourname\Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content\Stickers

The color scale pickers are meant to work as an addition to the color samples you use. Different saturations, tints and shades can be accessed in a fast and easy way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wschweizer; 11-25-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: uploading new image of presets

Made an ArtPack containing Oil and Pastel samples that I put together inspired by the nice site art-paint where I find all the data.

Name:  Sennelier.png
Views: 2410
Size:  147.9 KB

I also put some tree stencils in it that I posted here a while a go.

Here it is: RessourcesLMI_Pack1

And if you are only searching the tree stencils from that arpack, here is a link were you can chose what to download: Tree_Stencils.html

And if you are looking for "seamless textures" to use as stencils or paper grain (or what else) that you can tile...

Here is my complete hand-made collection: ResourcesToTile

Hope you like them.
    Last edited by Mick CrocKode; 11-24-2015 at 05:46 AM.

Just one small comment, sorry for bad English

Just one small comment that may be interesting for developers of ArtRage 5. I often use ArtRage such a manner as its creators, probably, was not foresee. My loving way is to use ArtRage tools with brush size greater than 100%. It gives some very interesting effects that can not be obtained in another graphics program. For example, the watercolor brush, if you set it size to 300% or even 500% (it is possible in the brush size dialog box) allows me to do such paintings
    http://www.artlib.ru/index.php?id=11...0&user_serie=0
    Brilliant effect! I think it may be included in the standard features of the Watercolor Brush.

Abstract Canvas Grains and Stencils

I made some seamless grains for use with canvas settings
    download at
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

Name:  Capture grains.JPG
Views: 2489
Size:  126.6 KB

I added new grains, tree bark, stones and sand
    download at
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

Name:  Capturegrains2 .JPG
Views: 2436
Size:  64.0 KB

note:
    the files can be used as canvas grains to create textures and also as stencils to create variable abstract textures and effects.
    To use them as stencils, just copy the folder with the pictures to your custom content Artrage folder, similar to this:
    C:\Users\yourname\Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content\Stencils
    Last edited by wschweizer; 11-25-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: adding a note and a title

I just had some fun with these grains using the gloop pseudo-water tool with chalk-- wow. These are great. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sueellen View Post
    I just had some fun with these grains using the gloop pseudo-water tool with chalk-- wow. These are great. Thank you!
    I`m glad you like it, and thanks for the tip with the gloop tool!

Donate a filter?

Is there a kind Rager who can donate a filter that removes white in the 64-bit version? I've been using Mike and Yael's "Kill White" in the 32-bit version or GIMP's "Color to Alpha"-- but I'd love for someone to give us a filter that removes white in the 64-bit ArtRage.

i'm afraid there is no 64 bit version of it. but you can open a 32 bit version of artrage,apply the filter,save as png and bring it in 64 bit artage, i tried it and it works. Don't forget that 32 bit applications work on 64 bit machines and as you know? some of the PS filters (32 bit)work in artrage (not all i know)

I just wanted to drop by and thank the people who've contributed resources so far. We can't really update with anything useful until we're ready to use them, but we're definitely paying attention (and playing around with them).