ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mending the Flag/Normon Rockwell

Mending the Flag/Normon Rockwell

I did this painting because of all the hate and violence in the countries, to me this flag represents not only one country, but all countries, I am so sad that there is so much fighting, I just wish we could all come together and bring peace to all mankind, I just don't know how the world is going to end up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mending the flag.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	88181  

Rockwell is a main deity in my illustrators pantheon, so I appreciate this interpretation of his painting.

You made me consider that whenever a flag is a symbol of homeland and brotherhood, of human and social care, of love and pride towards people around You and gratitude towards ancestors who built the base of Your fortunes, it deserves to be mended, when it's waved as a wall to divide and close Your heart, or aggressively against other people indiscriminately seen as enemies with a sort of "genetical" sense of superiority or with Manichaen prejudices, like it happened among prehistorical tribes, then we should consider we miss its positive scope of unity and family.

So I concur with Your enlightening words and I would say that true love love for our flag is also to share some love vibrations coming out of other flags, insofar they are not black/ "pirate" flags, banners of delusional flags intented to intimidate and scare, who neither represent nor carry any contribution to mankind civilization and to universal principle and ideal to be prosed, offered and actually recognized to all human beings.

As a funny side-thought I was also considering that You're now also a honorary canadian citizen, So You probably have also a secondary red-leafed flag to mend ...LOL
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-17-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Nice one Pat. Where's Betsy when ya need her.

Norman Rockwell is one of the greatest story tellers and humanists in paint ever. I still marvel at what he managed to do, and had the budget and time for as well. That luxury in illustration went out the window toward the latter part of when magazine illustration was a career path. I don't know what it was about those times but there seemed to be a lot of heart in the creative fields like illustrations and movies. To me Rockwell was a cross between the heart of Frank Capra and the charming impishness of Laurel and Hardy. He did poignant stuff as well, as in this painting and some other notable ones. He just managed to ring the bell whichever way he went.

Good stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice painting

Seems like we could use a little mending. I appreciate your sentiments Pat.

Thank you Caesar, you said it better than I, you have the smarts to really express what I also feel
    Thanks Mr.DAkey, really appreciate your input, always
    Marilyn Anne, thanks so much for checking it out, really appreciate it

Nicely done, Pat. Rockwell is a favorite of mine as well.

And nicely said Caesar. A picture may paint a thousand words but you still have to open your eyes to "read" them. It's no surprise that hatred breeds best in closed minds, closed eyes, and closed hearts.

Nice. Like the colors in general and the light coming from the window.

Thank you jmac and niklef, really appreciate your kind comments

so beautiful and warmth painting. makes me smile