ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Script playback not replaying cloning correctly.

Script playback not replaying cloning correctly.

I have noticed a difference in the replay of one of my latest paintings and it seems to be related to cloning.

I have created a video (see below) showing the comparison between my real time screen capture and the script playback.

https://youtu.be/M1HMt3BWLsw

The video in the top left is the actual real time recorded screen recording and the one on the bottom right is the non accelerated replay.

You will notice that the replay is not quite the same as the original painting.

using ArtRage 4.5.7
    Surface Pro 3

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Can you be specific as to the resulting differences between the original and the replay? I don't see any resulting differences.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

It is pretty subtle. Here is what the nose should look like :

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 15.12.32.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  10.0 KB

and here is what it looks like on replay :

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 15.12.13.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  10.2 KB

There are just a couple of darker lines to the left of the nose where it hasn't quite replayed the cloning correctly, and even just off the bottom of the right where there is a slight light patch (even harder to spot!!!)

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Just a guess. But, did you run the script on a different sized canvas? or at a different PPI? I can imagine that would result in the differences you see.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Just a note: some variations will always occur, as there is a built in randomness to the brush strokes. These means that the same stroke will be subtly different everytime.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!