ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Nvidia shield tablet direct stylus

Nvidia shield tablet direct stylus

I've done some testing to find out that artrage doesn't support many features provided by nvidia's direct stylus technology, such as pressure sensitivity and stylus angle. Am I overlooking something or is the support really lackluster in this instance?

I've already purchased the app and have had it too long to refund(couple hours playing with things, checking settings, etc.)

Is more support for nvidia coming in the future or am I stuck with a good app that fails to provide the needed support for my device?

The other art program I've purchased supports the sensitivity, though not as well as nvidia's dabbler program (which lacks an incredible amount of features to truly make it useful).

Hope to hear that I'm just missing an option somewhere, or that better support for my device is coming soon, it's seriously one badass tablet, would hate to have purchased this and never use it due to lack of stylus support.

As far as we know, stylus pressure should be supported, and I know quite a few people have ArtRage on this device and have never complained about lack of pressure. However, we don't actually have one available to test on, so we can't give you a definite answer right now - we're looking into it.

In the meantime, can you just check it isn't actually the specific tool settings you're using? Some don't show pressure changes as much as others, depending on their settings.

Can you test:

- the ink pen
    - the oil brush

And see if you can get visible pressure changes?

You can always get a refund by emailing us at support@artrage.com with your order number (the time limit is imposed by the Play Store).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

The pressure sensitivity apparently does work, but I feel it's just not sensitive enough, I shouldn't need to press as hard as I do to get the desired effect. Perhaps a sensitivity setting is all that's missing?

I'm glad to hear that you got it working. You can adjust the individual pressure/size of tools in the Settings menu (cog at top right), but there's not much we can do about how the device detects stylus pressure ranges.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!