ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rotated canvas using latest iPad version

Rotated canvas using latest iPad version

How do you rotate the canvas in version 2.02? I have a file where I must have inadvertently rotated the canvas by about 30 degrees, but now I can't seem to find the correct finger combination to reset it. Thanks
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Good question, you're not supposed to be able to rotate it at all (you can turn the device and rotate the UI instead, though).

You can rotate an image in the gallery, but not 30 degrees. Any chance of a screenshot?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Any chance of a screenshot?
    Hannah, sorry for the delay in replying. I had saved and reopened the file, which still maintained the odd rotation, but I then fiddled about bringing in a tracing image, after which the canvas reverted back to normal, ie rotated according to the orientation of the iPad. I couldn't then replicate the problem again. The image below is a mock-up of what it looked like when zoomed out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simulation only.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	88187

That is really odd... Was this file created and only edited on the iPad? The functionality to rotate the internal ArtRage canvas is still present in the backbone but there isn't any exposure to it in the front end (that I know of!).

As it happens, the 2.1 update should fix this anyway but I'm intrigued as to how it happened. If you export the PTG file to us at support@artrage.com we can take a look at it as well.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt, I've just emailed the file which was created and edited on the iPad only. Thanks.

Thanks for that, will take a look at it. I suppose I can also 'leak' that the upcoming 2.1 update supports canvas rotation as well so that'll make it easier in the future!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Thanks for that, will take a look at it. I suppose I can also 'leak' that the upcoming 2.1 update supports canvas rotation as well so that'll make it easier in the future!
    That's great news. I think that'll be a really useful feature .