ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brush Tilt/Rotation sensitivity

Brush Tilt/Rotation sensitivity

Oil brush and Palette Knife are responding to both tilt sensitivity and rotation, making the barrel rotation feature not work the way it's supposed to. The result is a rapidly spinning palette knife that makes for uncomfortable painting, I can just turn off the feature but then a lot of the reason I purchased the Art Pen stylus for my Wacom Pro is nullified. I'm currently running the 4.5.9 - 64 Bit - Mac Version on my iMac, I have had this problem arise and resolve itself in past with various updates, but this one has been keeping me from using my software for several weeks now and if there is a work around I am now unable to find it.

Brush Sensitivity

I went into my Wacom properties and turned down my pointer speed and pointer acceleration down all the way for this program. It has help me with being able to control the rotation better. I'm using the intuos medium tablet. Hope this helps.

Thanks James, unfortunately this is more in response to the way the stylus handling isn't responding appropriately at all. Hopefully it's something they are aware of and are working on.

We'll look in to what's happening but if you're using the palette knife I'd suggest going in to Stylus Properties in the ArtRage tool settings panel and turning off rotation based on pen twist. Technically, for a knife that doesn't have a symmetrical head you wouldn't use barrel rotation anyway when painting and you should find that the angle produced by tilt follows the path of the stroke.

If you've got tilt and twist adjusting rotation then you do need to be careful in how you move the stylus. Barrel rotation in particular can trigger when you wouldn't expect it to if you were using a real tool because of the way the pen is held.

I'll do some checking here to make sure that there aren't any bad values coming in though, just in case it's more than that.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for looking into this Matt, and for the input regarding the knife tool.