ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landscape G (wild paint)

Landscape G (wild paint)

Alright, a new W.I.P...geeez, once I've started with the wip stuff I seem to know no end...hehe. Anyway, here's a new raw paint of the gloriously titled:" L A N D S C A P E - G " ...oh yes... we've reached the letter "g" by now. Trust me, once I'm over my landscape period things will get more figurative...hehe...ehm...anyway, here it goes:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just had a quick idea about better contrasts and brightness gradients after looking at some paintings. It's not quite anything at this point, but an interesting step to remember...

just 15min of goofing around really...

great start as usual.
    8)
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Thanx, Hanzz!

Here's a quick idea...only a sketch on top. I'm not sure about it, but it seems interesting... I'm just worried, because it feels a bit to lord of the rings-ish, now that i look at it... :?

And being Lord of the Rings-ish is bad because. . .? haha.

Nice work. I'm not sure that last part you painted in works in this painting. Doesn't quite seem consistent with the rest in its dimension. Perhaps some more volume and introducing a little of the warmer color from the surroundings.

Since you have a narrow palette, little variances like this stand out.

You realize that as it stands, that twisted tree limb is the center of the whole picture and focal point. It may not deserve quite that much attention.

Anyway, you can paint, you betcha.

Yeah, I havn't been happy with all the dimensions, really. I've already discarded that castle like stuff, whereby I'm still not sure what to do, but I have an idea about something completely different.

As for LOTR, I'm just very tired of all the concept stuff and this emotionless beauty nonsense, you know. It's all this kind of detatching orgy of eyecandy stuff, that doesn't really allow some original dreaming, when you look at it. I don't know how else to describe it. There's something hollow in all of that. Something that is somehow maybe overbearing, too. When things become too fantastical and nearly inaccessible, it becomes difficult to fantasize of being there. I want to feel like I already have the privilege of being in there somewhere, like it's not anyone authority that permits me to walk through it, but nature itself or the demands of fate, you know. Strange to describe, really.

Anyway, I've got some ideas, but can't continue right now... :?

THANX, anyway! I really appreciate it and agree completely in regard to dimensions.

Doodle, doodle, doodle...

...i think i'll put some sort of subject into it, but I'm not sure what and how, yet. Hence the smily! :P

Now you are pulling a flanker....you cannot be serious, as a famous tennis player once said......WIP wait and see... Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

HAHAH, what do you mean? You don't like my smily??? :lol:

Nah, it's just a placeholder to show that I'm thinking of a subject there. Not sure what yet. I think I had some intense 3 weeks of a creative high and might be in somewhat of a low right now, or slipping into one. i need to relax a little. too much stuff on my heels...

On top of that, I have just today switched my rhythm to a more normal life kind of pace. I actually woke up at 8:30am instead of 3pm. That might be part of it, too. :?

So no worries...it'll all be fine (besides, the smily is on a different layer!) :lol:

Now you're talking. Way better, don't you think?