ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Neebie here ... plint splatter effect

Neebie here ... plint splatter effect

Hi:

A total newbie here and I was wondering how to get the paint splatter effect? Brushes?
    Any help is appreciated.

R

That's probably the best way, though it depends exactly what you're after. There's a default brush in the sticker spray that does this (Group Art Clippings > Paint Splats preset).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paint splats sticker spray.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	88107

If you just want to spread paint around a lot, try the 'Wet' palette knife mode, or poke around the presets. It won't get the same 'flicked your brush at the canvas' effect, but it's more customisable.

There are also some other sticker spray presets that might be useful, though that's the only explicit 'paint splat' one.

(also welcome to the forum and to ArtRage!)
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Another fun thing-- Peter W has provided a number of stencils: splats, half-tones, splats on half-tones, other cool-tools. It might be easiest just to go to his member profile and look at his posts. I seem to remember collecting the various splats and half-tones from different posts. He also provided a beautiful set of Japanese Paper Grains.

Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thanks to all...

Hi:

Thank you all.

I am having so much fun learning this software... I lose track of time.

Again, thanks

Robin

Another question if you don't mind

Good morning Hanna:

How do I change the color of the paint splats in Sticker? Also when I try to use the Sticker Spray it will not let me spay the paint splats even after clicking on the paint splatter...

Any suggestions,
    Thanks
    R

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    That's probably the best way, though it depends exactly what you're after. There's a default brush in the sticker spray that does this (Group Art Clippings > Paint Splats preset).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paint splats sticker spray.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	88107

If you just want to spread paint around a lot, try the 'Wet' palette knife mode, or poke around the presets. It won't get the same 'flicked your brush at the canvas' effect, but it's more customisable.

There are also some other sticker spray presets that might be useful, though that's the only explicit 'paint splat' one.

(also welcome to the forum and to ArtRage!)

Hello Robin,
    To change the colour of a single Sticker chosen from a Sticker Sheet you can go to the Layer containing the Sticker in the Layers panel and click on the little foot icon, Top Right conner, and choose 'Sticker Tint…' from the popup menu.
    When using the Sticker Spray Tool you should only need to choose your desired colour in the same way you would for any other tool.
    Sometimes a Sticker Spray preset will have a setting in it's Spray Variations panel that might override your colour choice but I don't think that is the case for the Paint Splats preset.
    You can access the Spray Variation panel by clicking on it's button in the Sticker Spray Tool's "Settings" panel or by going to the toolbar menu > View > 'Sticker Spray Variants'. Hue, Luminance and Saturation will be the rows to play in to change how your chosen colour may be afected.
    For example if you set Hue to 100% Random, then each splat will come out a different colour automatically.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)