ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Deep and Dark

Deep and Dark

plumbing the depths, where colored lights splash and try to draw you near, but something is moving in the dark nearby...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deep and Dark.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	486.6 KB 
ID:	88098  

Hi Gary Yes look like a Speed Skcater CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE.................POZDRAWSKI

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Gary Yes look like a Speed Skcater CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE.................POZDRAWSKI
    Thanks eighty+ for stopping by and commenting... this speed skater must have some sharp blades to kick up all that ice....

I would have guessed it was Nemo when he hit a certain age and in finding Nemo, Nemo found some funny sea weed down the reefer and suddenly he thinks he's a flying fish. . .

. . . or in fact, maybe he IS an ice skater. . . a particularly splashy thing during global warming. . .

So enough of this clown fishery. . . .

It's a brilliant abstract. Evokes a breach from one real into another. . . like a whale (can't recall my Melville. . .) anyway, where they breach? (ie comes shooting up out of the water and goes flying into the air and down for a whale of a cannon ball). . .

An interesting follow up on that is that the old clerics in Ireland (like way back around St Patrick's era) had a legendary monk who would go out to see seeking enlightenment. And the sea became the metaphor for different aspects dividing consciousness, and the creatures that swam below were like those parts of us that are out of sight usually, but we know are down there. And there was one instance where they saw an island that was actually a whale because it had trees on it and on and on one could follow it out to whatever level one cared to. The monks clearly had their spin. But I thought it was a rather interesting thing how thoughtful people would dig these things up, regardless of culture. And on and on. . .

Anyway, that's what my ice skater is doing. . .He had heard that there was water skiing. Poor misguided chap also thought it might work for all winter sports. And thus he invented water skating. . .

Nice job! Certainly evocative. The moment of something erupting onto the scene -- baby, idea, etc.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The indigo liquid blanket and enviroment of this painting embracing us is quite appealing and attractive, luring us with flares of memories and sensations to fathom the dephts of our mind ... Marvellous and captivating!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I would have guessed it was Nemo when he hit a certain age and in finding Nemo, Nemo found some funny sea weed down the reefer and suddenly he thinks he's a flying fish. . .

. . . or in fact, maybe he IS an ice skater. . . a particularly splashy thing during global warming. . .

So enough of this clown fishery. . . .

It's a brilliant abstract. Evokes a breach from one real into another. . . like a whale (can't recall my Melville. . .) anyway, where they breach? (ie comes shooting up out of the water and goes flying into the air and down for a whale of a cannon ball). . .

An interesting follow up on that is that the old clerics in Ireland (like way back around St Patrick's era) had a legendary monk who would go out to see seeking enlightenment. And the sea became the metaphor for different aspects dividing consciousness, and the creatures that swam below were like those parts of us that are out of sight usually, but we know are down there. And there was one instance where they saw an island that was actually a whale because it had trees on it and on and on one could follow it out to whatever level one cared to. The monks clearly had their spin. But I thought it was a rather interesting thing how thoughtful people would dig these things up, regardless of culture. And on and on. . .

Anyway, that's what my ice skater is doing. . .He had heard that there was water skiing. Poor misguided chap also thought it might work for all winter sports. And thus he invented water skating. . .

Nice job! Certainly evocative. The moment of something erupting onto the scene -- baby, idea, etc.
    D Akey it is always interesting to get your take on a work and what it evokes in your mind!... I will admit that this is a metaphor for the travels of your legendary monk and what a mystery he found!... thanks again my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    The indigo liquid blanket and enviroment of this painting embracing us is quite appealing and attractive, luring us with flares of memories and sensations to fathom the dephts of our mind ... Marvellous and captivating!
    I love that phrase " The indigo liquid blanket" you certainly have a very poetic and descriptive mind, which I greatly appreciate...

Hi Gary, this is lovely, does remind me of a most beautiful colored fish and all the wonderful reflections on the water, really like this a lot

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Hi Gary, this is lovely, does remind me of a most beautiful colored fish and all the wonderful reflections on the water, really like this a lot
    Hi Pat we haven't heard from you in a while, glad you like this one!....