Thread: iPad pro & Apple pencil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

iPad pro & Apple pencil

Will ArtRage be supporting the iPad pro and Apple pencil because I look forward to the release of them.
    Thanks for anwer.

Yes, ArtRage will be supporting those devices. We're still working on the updates, so we can't announce the full details yet, but ArtRage will definitely work!

Thank you Hannah!

Only one thing is missing.... the device and its stylus

We're waiting for them too! We don't get given preview hardware so while I actually have the code sitting here in front of me to support the Apple Pencil, I have no way to test it until the device is actually released in their store and I can get one here. That said, ArtRage has been doing tilt for many years now and all of that simulation is built in to our paint simulation so I don't expect any serious issues when I get the hardware and make sure that we're processing stylus data correctly.

We've got a 2.1 update currently about to enter internal testing that adds support for the new device along with a bunch of other things and we'll let you know more as soon as we can!

Hi Matt.

Have you got you're hands on them yet. My pencil arrived today and I was surprised to find that the current version doesn't even support drawing with the pencil, never mind any pressure etc. Looking forward to updates though as the pencil is an amazing stylus and I can imagine it will be brilliant with art rage 😀
    James Hall
    Hallstudios

Quote Originally Posted by halljames View Post
    Hi Matt.

Have you got you're hands on them yet. My pencil arrived today and I was surprised to find that the current version doesn't even support drawing with the pencil, never mind any pressure etc. Looking forward to updates though as the pencil is an amazing stylus and I can imagine it will be brilliant with art rage 😀
    Correction, you can draw if you turn off Palm rejection 😀
    James Hall
    Hallstudios