Thread: Space bar needs attention... and other complaints

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you very much for the quick and constructive reply!

I do admit, yesterday "ArtRage" was less about art and more about rage for me. :-)
    Let me firstly emphasize, where ArtRage is good - it's fantastic! No other software can compare in the segment of brushes and the way they interact with the canvas. None. Up until ArtRage, I didn't realize digital painting can be as fun and easy as in real life, without thinking of technical aspects when one wants to achieve certain result.

Unfortunately, though, there are places where, to my mind, revision is still very much required. Since I've come from Photoshop (as probably everybody here), I'm biased towards Photoshop's ergonomy and transfer to a new one can be a pain. So, in general, no hard feelings, you've got a wonderful and inexpensive piece of software here and even if you charged ten times more, it would still be well worth the price. It's just that this user and ArtRage don't see eye to eye sometimes. :-)

As for the complaints, the thing with space bar is that it's as if it doesn't react sometimes. After I posted this, I paid even more attention to when and how it happens. And it's simply that on some occasions there's either a delay or a complete failure to register the bar being pressed (hence the popup message). Often it happens in combination with Ctrl (when I want to pan and zoom in quick succession), but also when I press and release space too quickly in a row. Again, I must mention that there is nothing wrong with the keyboard I have (although it's even cheaper than the tablet :-)). Also, I checked whether it's in interaction with the tablet, but using "space" with mouse produces the same result.

When it comes to preset selections, yes they are helpful, but simply not as quick to use for me as would the shortcut keys be. I figure, since one can attribute shortcut keys to practically everything in ArtRage, why not to types of selection as well?

And as for "Save As" - I simply wish that it behaved as in most other software, where the name of file you opened is readily available for reedit (adding the increment number or so...). I turned the backup on, if it does okay, I'll drop a line. Many thanks!

(Edit: export option already features retained file name for a long time now, and I often use it to track down the exact name and iteration of the file I'm working on)

Cheers
    Last edited by SickBoii; 11-04-2015 at 07:17 AM.