ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pen tilt + brush rotation on windows 10

Pen tilt + brush rotation on windows 10

Hi all,

I'm experiencing weird behavior on windows 10 in artrage 4.5.9 (checked also in 4.5.4).

When using oil brush with square head the rotation of the head somehow depends on the pen's tilt. I'm a bit confused as I'm almost 100% sure that it was not the case on windows 7 (I think that the rotation was linked only to the direction of the stroke and it was not connected with the tilt in any way). Right now the rotation is slightly related to stroke's direction, but it's also heavily influenced by pen tilt - which makes brush behavior quite unpredictable.

I have wacom intuos 3 running on wacom driver 6.3.14-1 (I have not installed any other version). I've disabled most of the "tablet" features in windows.

Is this desired functionality or maybe I miss something?

Tilt angle could potentially adjust the direction of the brush head - could you let us know what stylus you're using? If it is one that supports barrel rotation (the Wacom 6D pen or Art Pen which is purchased separately to the tablet itself) then that may also relate to this.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for you reply Matt. I'm using standard grip pen (the one that came together with the tablet), so no fancy barrel rotation.

I'll try to record a video as it's kinda hard to describe.

With the standard grip pen the angle of the brush head will be adjusted by the overall rotational angle of the tilt (the direction the stylus is 'pointing' in if you look down from above). So if you hold the stylus in your right hand at a standard angle you might find (using a clock face for the sake of clarity) that your stylus is 'pointing' to 10 or 11 o'clock. It's possible that this is what you're seeing.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.