Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Ambient Design Team Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethren View Post
    I'd love to see a development blog of some sort. What new technologies are being discussed and worked on, small hints, nothing major. Questions though... What improvements or ideas might we see in the future concerning water colors, oils and markers?
    Well, we're currently experimenting with world domination through hypnosis whenever someone uses the symmetry feature, but I'm not allowed to discuss that.

That's definitely something we'll think about - the problem is, we really don't like getting people's hopes up over features we have to give up on! (Man, the kitten portal brush was awesome, but kitten critical mass is reached too quickly for it to be practical).

Quote Originally Posted by ninja-usagi View Post
    Q: How can we become beta testers for Artrage 5 which no doubt you are secretly creating in your secret underground bunker in the hope of trying to keep it secret from, er stealers of secrets.

We definitely haven't secretly completed ArtRage 5, 6 and 7 and sit around all day playing with them and laughing.

(We start looking for beta testers much closer to release than now, and our criteria depend a lot on what we're currently trying to test, so it's a fairly selective process. Your interest in our Very Secret Secrets is noted with suspicion).

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Well, we're currently experimenting with world domination through hypnosis whenever someone uses the symmetry feature, but I'm not allowed to discuss that.

That's definitely something we'll think about - the problem is, we really don't like getting people's hopes up over features we have to give up on! (Man, the kitten portal brush was awesome, but kitten critical mass is reached too quickly for it to be practical).

We definitely haven't secretly completed ArtRage 5, 6 and 7 and sit around all day playing with them and laughing.

(We start looking for beta testers much closer to release than now, and our criteria depend a lot on what we're currently trying to test, so it's a fairly selective process. Your interest in our Very Secret Secrets is noted with suspicion).
    I would love to be part of your beta testing team. Whipping up ArtRage to see what it can do is a blast.

Well, that was a short list of questions! And nobody even asked about our plans for world domination. Fantastic. It will all come as a complete surprise...

does each of you have a specific task in maintaining or developing Artrage? and where does all you info come from that is used for the development of the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    does each of you have a specific task in maintaining or developing Artrage? and where does all you info come from that is used for the development of the program?
    Oooh, good one. Everyone has specific jobs, but there's a bit of overlap in various areas, so that will be interesting to answer. (Short version: 3 of us do support/website/community/promotion stuff, the other 4 mostly do programming and testing. They all have their specialties, but there's a bit of overlap as well in some areas, and they have to work together on a few things. For example, the Android app has its own programmer, but is heavily based on the original desktop app, so they talk to the original programmers about it a lot).

Dear Hannah, what about posting pictures of the Rage family component and relevant tasks in Your most glorious days, when beauty shone in Your smiling and fugitive eyes (a home-made translate from one of our great poets)? We may at least show grateful and portray or caricature You and maybe ask for some additional stickers to enhance various skin textures effects ... LOL
    Aeriously I always feel very thankful towards You guys! I'd dance a haka if I only were able to.

Don't forget about me when You start Your world conquest execution plans with forthcoming new ballistic Artrage issues. I got a new laptop which could be powerful enough to service far better (my old brain isn't going to be changed, neither refurbished though, to be honest) ...LOL
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-11-2015 at 09:21 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Hannah, I would be interested to know more about what sort of things influence and interest the team? Do they go to art galleries and exhibitions, prefer particular styles of painting or have favourite artists?

Perhaps also they could expand more about what their ultimate dream goal might be with ArtRage and what sort of future technological advancements are they excited about?

Another question might be are there any advantages or disadvantages of being based in New Zealand in terms of working in the creative software industry?

Not sure if any of this quite fits with info for an ’about page’ but whenever I read about an artist I always find it really fascinating to see inside their studio, to see how they work, their desk space, what books, pictures, objects and model figures they have to hand. Maybe it would be just as interesting to see a glimps of a programmers or ArtRage employees office, perhaps combined with a typical day in the life type article. I guess I’m just a bit nosy!
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Hi Team

Is AndyRage still there or does Mattrage do all the programing?

Mic

The entire team is now actually just Matt wearing different masks. It gets really confusing at meetings.

(...they're both still here and both still very involved).

I've been using Artrage 4.5 64bit on a 4gig i5 Surface Pro 4. It works great btw. I have one main gripe though, and seeing as this is an "ask anything thread"... is it possible to draw without Artrage picking up a one fingered touch? It driving me a bit nuts everytime I try to touch zoom or pan the canvas and Artrage thinks I want to finger paint. I know that the software was never especially designed with tablets in mind, at least not as much as Artrage mobile version. But I use a couple of other Art programs and they were created before Surface Pro 4 was launced and they work great with pen and touch, one touch is ignored but two touch pans and zooms.

Anyway, that's my rant over 😁. I am just assuming that its not possible in AR4 at the moment as I've come across this problem in the tech questions forum but no one seems to have answered this question. If its something to be considered in a future update, then great, I'll just try not to use one finger for the meantime. (Except for when someone annoys me).

(-_-)