ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: precise measurement?

precise measurement?

I read a ? on the artrage FB page about some1 not able to open a precise measured canvas,it was 148 by 210 mm. I tried to emulate the prob going in to artrage and open new file giving in the given measures and indeed......i could not give in the right 148 not the 210 mm;( it when to 148.17 and 209.90 mm?why??

Because the print resolution is measured in dots per inch, cm and mm measurements may not be able to produce exact integer pixel measurements. For example, 150mm = 5.90551 inches. At 72dpi that's ~425.19 pixels. Because we can only do whole pixels, that gets rounded to whole pixels then converted back to mm.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

well i hope that person on FB can make it to the forum there is always some1 to help out!!, thx Mattrage

Ah yes, unfortunately the ArtRage group isn't official, and it's closed, so we can't answer anything there. We can answer questions posted to the official page, though! https://www.facebook.com/artrage (though the forum is usually the best place).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

anyway.....when i see a ? in there that i can't answer meself? i put down the link to the forum