ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Crashing if not saved

Crashing if not saved

As I work along on a painting the Save box appears at upper right. If I notice it, I save the painting and continue on. But if I don't notice it and don't save, the app crashes and I lose all work since the last save. Is there an auto save to prevent this from happening?

I generally try to close parked apps. Am using the latest ArtRage and iOS.

Because ArtRage files can be quite large and saving can be disruptive there isn't an auto save (the save prompt was intended as a reminder to help frequent saving). However - You shouldn't be getting a crash so we need to look in to that for you. Could you contact support@artrage.com and let us know what you are generally doing when you see the crash? For example, are you selecting a preset, does it happen in the middle of painting a paint stroke etc. We also need to know which version of ArtRage you are using (2.0.1 is the latest available), what version of iOS you are using, what stylus you are using if you are using one and what stylus setting you have selected in Preferences. With that information we should be able to narrow down what's happening for you and get it solved.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Can't duplicate crash

I've tried to cause the crash, painting on a new layer with both watercolor and oil, and switching back and forth to the knife, and changing presets for all. I painted a lot and it did not happen, so I am at a loss. It has happened in the past four or five times so I will just have to wait for it to happen and try to note what I was doing. I am using version 2.0.1 and iOS 9.1 on a gen 3 iPad.

Crashed

I was painting with the oil brush when it crashed. Had been using the pencil too. Not using presets, just adjusting size slider.

I will submit to support.