ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-isomorphic symmetries

Non-isomorphic symmetries

I was about to start an intriguing caricature to see how profitable were YoannLori's lessons on me and/ or an idea for an Halloween card, but got mesmerized by Bobbi's explorations in weird world of shining, tangible archetypes, so I made a detour towards the unknown and this is the place where ended up ...
    Three versions. Which is the one You like the most? (if any)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Non-isomorphic symmetries.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	87879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Non-isomorph symmetries in Blue.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	87880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Non-isomorph symmetries in red.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	87881  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-17-2015 at 02:30 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I could see this as a decoration on pottery.

Cool!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Blimey is that what coming from the invaders from outer space I don't like the look of their hooked noses

Hooked noses or not I like it..

Caesar... hmm I like them all ! as each has its own voice... and evokes a slightly different visual sensation a wonderful exploration of symmetry, and textures... an amazing result!...

Yeah, dear DAkey vaguely reminding ancient Cretan art and pottery, especially the last one, appropriately updated with more mycroscopic organic motives ... Thank You!

These blokes look quite disquieting, I grant You, dear McPloos, but their hooked nose may be helpful to You willing to raise and stand from Your chair when Your legs feel a little lazy and dazey. Thank You.

Thank You, dear BOF! They would be nice cranes if required. LOL

When I decided to use an out of centre, 7 segments symmetry, dear Gary, I founded ou that the original lines I was drawing in the bottom right sector were replicated differently on the other six. This was interesting and added an appropriate breaking of a trivial symmetry I then further emphasised with an outof centre stellar gradient and a series of little differentiating or symmetry based intervention on lines and little area textures. Finally I only had to trim a little bit lights and darks to give some concentric focus and keep the observer into the picture. The two variants were then examined by two different colors blendings and modes to possibly enhance the basic image. Thank You.

All Three are Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I was about to start an intriguing caricature to see how profitable were YoannLori's lessons on me and/ or an idea for an Halloween card, but got mesmerized by Bobbi's explorations in weird world of shining, tangible archetypes, so I made a detour towards the unknown and this is the place where ended up ...
    Three versions. Which is the one You like the most? (if any)
    You got a talent for this abstract art too Caesar. Very neat pictures!

I enjoy the impression of light and dimension / distance here. Smiles!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thank you, dear Tanzenkran (dancing crane in English, isn't it?). Such a comment by You is particularly flattering indeed! Moreover these sort of Moai figures probably look like cranes of an alien universe.

Hi, my dear Fashmir! Thank you for Your insightful and delightful comment. Actually I can never leave out some sort of realistic perception principle and hint even in my most abstract follies. According to my spirit senses have to complement and integrate somehow the mental vision not to get a schematic, aridly rational outcome which would look like a mere intellectual excercise, not an exciting perspective for artistic fun ....
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-21-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Caesar, your explorations toward the unknown are fascinating. Have you tried selecting areas of your painting with the selection tool (magic wand) and then trying the gradient fill? You simply do not know what you will end up with. But it will be fun exploring.