ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Filters in ArtRage 4.5.7

Filters in ArtRage 4.5.7

Did you know that if you have the 64 bit AR, you should be able to also download the 32 bit version. You will be able to load filters to that version. Check out your member info about your AR purchase.

The 32 bit version should be included in your download. See https://www.artrage.com/faqs/use-32-...s-artrage-4-5/ for more info on switching to it.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

What filters?

Filtres or plugins are extra effects that can be installed in painting programmes, i.e. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Read the AR manual for a explanation on how to install in ArtRage. Only .8bf file extension filtres will work in ArtRage. It's by trial and error that I have found some that I have in Paint Shop Pro that will work in ArtRage.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

dear enug,
    "Only .8bf file extension filtres will work in ArtRage." ???, i have no .8bf files , they are all abr files (and i have a ton of these).....or? is that the extension for paint shop pro plugin's?

.abr are brushes - different from filtres.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Me bad......should have read better. Thank pointing out.

Thanks Enug. I do know what filters and plugins are I just had no idea there were any that worked with ArtRage!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Thanks Enug. I do know what filters and plugins are I just had no idea there were any that worked with ArtRage!
    Keep in mind that filters will not work with the 64 bit version of ArtRage 4. Check your ArtRage 4 file download. There should be the 32 bit version included. The filters from Photoshop should work in that version.

I have been trying out some of my filtres in both 32bit and 64bit ArtRage. I counted the Photoshop filtres I have - 85! - only very few work AR64bit because most are not .8bf file type.

Often AR shuts down if you try a filtre which is not compatible or simply does nothing. Some Redfield, Flaming Pear and Richard Rosenman filtres will work in both versions. I have found several others that will work in 32bit - Mr.Paint's 'Sweet Dream' and Últra Sharp' filtres work in 32bit as he wrote them for AR3.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.