ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crisp and Juicy.

Crisp and Juicy.

My third still life, and my first created entirely in ArtRage. Hope you like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinalAppleCropped8_5x11.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	87854

Incredibly real

Well done ! Very juicy!

This is awesome, very photo real, did you use the oil brush mainly for this?

You cropped it and its practically an Hyper-realistic rendering! WOW
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    This is awesome, very photo real, did you use the oil brush mainly for this?
    Thank you!

Yes. I used no other brushes. My process does use blenders, layers, transparency, and blend modes quite a bit and I did apply layer blurring once when I had to.

My favorite brush which I use very extensively is what I call a "NiceShader". I use it for "dry" blending and with repeated sampling of the colors laid down, can be used to make subtle effects. It's the something like faint glazing which would be done with real paint (I assume). I find this kind of blending produces accurate colors in ArtRage.

Name:  NiceShader.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  25.7 KB

EDIT:

PLEASE NOTE:

I forgot to mention, for the NiceShader brush I have removed "Size" from the "Pen Pressure" setting of the "Stylus Properties".

This allows maintaining the brush size when applying hardly any pressure which is needed when covering large areas with the shader.
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 10-18-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    You cropped it and its practically an Hyper-realistic rendering! WOW
    Thank you Caesar.

Yes I did crop it... early on I decided to concentrate on only one apple - between the jars. The reference photo had many apples... too many! The only thing I miss in the final is the background, but we must make choices.

I left the rough work outside unrefined and uncorrected and continued to work on my area of interest.

Name:	AppleUncroppedCanvas.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	87870

PS Is there an easy way to crop an entire painting (all layers - I usually have 10) in ArtRage so that you can continue working on a smaller painting? EDIT: Caesar answered this question.
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 10-16-2015 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    Thank you Caesar.

Yes I did crop it... early on I decided to concentrate on only one apple - between the jars. The reference photo had many apples... too many! The only thing I miss in the final is the background, but we must make choices.

I left the rough work outside unrefined and uncorrected and continued to work on my area of interest.

Name:	AppleUncroppedCanvas.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	87870

PS Is there an easy way to crop an entire painting (all layers - I usually have 10) in ArtRage so that you can continue working on a smaller painting?
    This is a good question indeed and I think You may do it by resizing the canvas (not the painting) on modify and then move the painting by drawing it into the little frame (by pointing and keep left mouse button pressed of course). What would be interesting is how to resizing simultaneously several layers without merging them all first or, at least, being able to de-merge them afterwards. Maybe by groups of layers? I never used this feature indeed. So I have no answer for this latter, but I hope someone does.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You are absolutely correct. Crop/Expand Canvas does the trick - it's right there in the Edit menu.

Good enough to eat. Really looks delicious.

Beautifully rendered. Nice attention to detail. I love the skin.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is so good, I wish I had your talent. Best wishes Jo x