ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lock Layers- Is there a way to UNLOCK the layers, or delete them?

Lock Layers- Is there a way to UNLOCK the layers, or delete them?

I started exploring the lock layers feature of ArtRage 4, and discovered that there seems to be no unlock for this feature. What if you want to manipulate the layer further later on or realize you no longer need it and want to delete it completely. I've searched through google, ArtRage handbook, and even the forums... but can't seem to find anything about this. The only way i have found to get rid of the lock was to undo to the point where it disappeared-- but this will have problems if i will end up losing info of work done in between. Hope someone can provide some insight on this. Hoping this has a simpler solution. Thanks!

hello sir,if you know how to lock the layers? you just click on that little icon again(where you have locket it previously)to select the function to unlock,just click on it again.You can lock and unlock all the functions(lock paint, possition ,transparency)just right click on that icon
    Hope i was able to help?Happy raging

Also keep in mind that if you had opted to select one of the lower locks options (such as "Lock Paint") first, then decided to select the "Lock All" option after the fact, you'll have the layer locked twice. So if you then unlock the layers "Lock All" option, you'll still need to unlock any of the other features that you may have locked previously, before being able to perform whichever action they allow/disallow.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

This seems to have been answered fully already. The lock is a 'toggle' click it once to lock, the next click unlocks it.

This is so useful that I have set up a couple of my own shortcut keys to make this easier.

Alt T, toggles transparency on and off

Alt A, toggles lock all on and off ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    hello sir,if you know how to lock the layers? you just click on that little icon again(where you have locket it previously)to select the function to unlock,just click on it again.You can lock and unlock all the functions(lock paint, possition ,transparency)just right click on that icon
    Hope i was able to help?Happy raging
    Thanks!!! That was unbelievably simple. works like a charm