ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Keyboard Shortcut for New Layer with Blend Mode

Keyboard Shortcut for New Layer with Blend Mode

One of the (many) things that I like about Artrage is the ability to set my own keyboard shortcuts and I've created many.

Something I do with some frequency is create a new layer (Ctrl L) and then set the new layer's blend mode.

Is it possible to set up some shortcuts to do, say, create a new layer set to Multiply mode? Or, Screen, Overlay etc?

I'm afraid there isn't a method for that. What I tend to do is use my keyboard to make the selections quicker. For example, I add the new layer and right click it, to open the Layer Menu. At that point, it's far easier for me to hit my keyboard "B" key (to automatically select the "Blend Mode" option on the menu), followed by Enter key to access the submenu. Then it's a matter of hitting the key that matches the first letter of the Blend I want. In the case of Multiply, I'd hit "M" and that would automatically set the layer to Multiply. In cases where there's other Blends that start with same letter (like Color Burn, Color Dodge, and Color), it's a matter of tapping the "C" key one to three times, to rotate through the three blend modes starting with "C", followed by taping Enter to select it at the end. It might seem like more trouble then just moving the mouse through the menus, but once I got into the habit of it, it's become far quicker to navigate, for me.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 10-14-2015 at 04:25 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks someonesane, you confirmed what I thought ...

Also, I do like your idea of using the keyboard to select the blend mode - I didn't know you could do that ...

I'll give it a go ...

Again, thanks ...

Pat