ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: made it back

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    864

    made it back

    I've been too the hospital and back alive I think the odds were 70% I'd come trough and about 30% that I wouldn't survive. The arteries to my brain were 90% clogged I now have a 5 or 6 stitched scar on my neck. The worst part is they mutilated most of my precious beard that I've had since 1974. [it's a guy thing] but I should have it grown back in about month. The only really hurt in my arthritis. It hurts so badly that I can't walk that lts should pass after a while
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artery.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	87812
    Last edited by Gms9810; 10-24-2015 at 10:14 AM.

    The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,004
    That is terrific news George - you were in my thoughts and prayers the last couple of days. The arthritis pain might improve when you are back on your usual meds. That's what I find.

    Keep improving and I'm looking forward to seeing you back on the forum with a new lease of life. There should be no stopping you now with all that extra blood getting thru to your brain.
    June.

    Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

    http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    2,874

    Thumbs up

    Glad to hear you've come through. Hoping for a quick recovery.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    That is terrific news George - you were in my thoughts and prayers the last couple of days. The arthritis pain might improve when you are back on your usual meds. That's what I find.

    Keep improving and I'm looking forward to seeing you back on the forum with a new lease of life. There should be no stopping you now with all that extra blood getting thru to your brain.
    Thanks, prayer can be vastly underestimated. In a few days I should be back to plague the world.

    The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Glad to hear you've come through. Hoping for a quick recovery.
    Thanks, I'm as tough alligator snapper and almost as cute. The last two days have have been bad but I think I got a like better today.. I plan to go to the park and bring my folder and a lot of water, then I should be set to draw all day.

    The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Oh man! George. . . You need a new barber, my dear chap. Safety razors. Accept no substitute. After all these years, I know you're out of practice with shaving, but damn!

    So glad to hear that you're on the mend. What an ordeal! You've mentioned your physical difficulties here and there, but a picture is worth a thousand words and all. I can't even imagine the discomfort of it all. You have to use those muscles all the time, I should think. And when I had my gallbladder out I found those stomach muscles were called into use a whole lot more than I had assumed.

    Glad to see you're a strong lad! I know you can best this and make a fast and full recovery.

    As to the cosmetics of your appearance, I suppose with this being Halloween season and all you could probably find a false pirate beard, or slip a young student a couple bucks and have him cop you one of the beards from the wise men in the Christmas play down the grade school. They aren't allowed to do those religious plays anymore here and maybe where you are as well, so I should think you might get a discount on a beard, robe and sandals ensemble. Would give the rats and the ferrets somewhere to nest as well when you're at home relaxing.

    So get well soon! You look particularly dashing now and the ladies are sure to swoon at the sight of ya.

    Last edited by D Akey; 10-12-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    That was quite a fight and a struggle to survive! You're now, fortunately and joyfully for all of us, in the Hall of Heroes and Fame of Artrage mates at least, since it does require an amount fo courage to face such a challenge and to keep also Your humor! I pray and look forward Your complete recovery (arthritis too I mean). God bless You and keep You safe and fit for a reasonable amount of time to come (say 100 years?!).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,566
    I am thankful you survived! It can be rough getting older, I can attest. May your beard grow with swiftness and your health return in full measure!
    Be well,

    "Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Oh man! George. . . You need a new barber, my dear chap. Safety razors. Accept no substitute. After all these years, I know you're out of practice with shaving, but damn!

    So glad to hear that you're on the mend. What an ordeal! You've mentioned your physical difficulties here and there, but a picture is worth a thousand words and all. I can't even imagine the discomfort of it all. You have to use those muscles all the time, I should think. And when I had my gallbladder out I found those stomach muscles were called into use a whole lot more than I had assumed.

    Glad to see you're a strong lad! I know you can best this and make a fast and full recovery.

    As to the cosmetics of your appearance, I suppose with this being Halloween season and all you could probably find a false pirate beard, or slip a young student a couple bucks and have him cop you one of the beards from the wise men in the Christmas play down the grade school. They aren't allowed to do those religious plays anymore here and maybe where you are as well, so I should think you might get a discount on a beard, robe and sandals ensemble. Would give the rats and the ferrets somewhere to nest as well when you're at home relaxing.

    So get well soon! You look particularly dashing now and the ladies are sure to swoon at the sight of ya.

    Actually, I'm the only person that still uses an old double edge. >y wife got two really cool ones somewhere , one a stainless heavy one and a gold plate one

    The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    864
    The doctor said his s like a medical superglue and will flake off in a week or so

    The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •