ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Clanger

Clanger

A bit of a change up for me, using the ink pen and the watercolour brush. Oh and the lack of monsters!

Video time lapse : https://youtu.be/xl6Vicp2-Xw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clangers.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	87810  
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 10-12-2015 at 05:22 AM.

I see. No moster here ... but certainly not a beauty. Good to see a mouse coming from Babel!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Interestingly enough this creature I suspect is only known over here in the UK :

"Clangers is a British stop-motion animated children's television series of short stories about a family of aardvark-like creatures who live on, and inside, a small moon-like planet. They speak only in whistles, and eat green soup supplied by the Soup Dragon and blue string pudding."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clangers

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    Interestingly enough this creature I suspect is only known over here in the UK :

"Clangers is a British stop-motion animated children's television series of short stories about a family of aardvark-like creatures who live on, and inside, a small moon-like planet. They speak only in whistles, and eat green soup supplied by the Soup Dragon and blue string pudding."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clangers
    Uhm, sorry to be ignorant thereabout, but I never crossed it on a channel by zapping with my TV remote control. Anyway it's just that, due to my venerable over-50 age, I'm rarely on cartoons' channels now. It's also likely we don't have it in Italy. Curiously enough I guess that in Europe we don't use too often to see each other countries' most successful programs, we rather prefer U.S. "global" most popular ones, including cynical "scary" kind of cartoons, and silly and locally-humoristic-unikely gesturing (sit-)comedies, as well as Japanese cartoons or even a few South American naive mishmash series. A pity, since I'm not even sure they're all cheaper products to import, let it advantageous culturally or harmless for our mental stability and sanity .... LOL

Love this , I have seen the changers a couple of times when visiting and did not think it was very good even for the children it is supposed to entertain, unlike your painting which I think is great. Best wishes Jo.x

When I was growing up the BBC had many shows of this type. It certainly would be interesting to become more aware of some local quirky European gems, although I do fondly remember the moomins !

I'm nostalgic too of the programs for any age class that RAI used to produce here in Italy in the old days, including the artful commercial advertising in Carosello, involving also famous directors, whose end was the time to go to bed for children. Cartoons, puppets, theatre, cultural programs, series on famous Italian and foreign novels, foreign language lessons etc.
    In-house made children programs and characters and stories were just fantastic, exceptional, top class/ quality for decades and they would have deserved a top place in any International TV Olympics. A list would require a paragraph in here. I also remember of at least two great, successful foreign children programs, one being the Dutch series "Il magico Alverman" (The magic Alverman) and a Czhec cartoon "Gustavo" (Gustav). Far better than the only one I saw much more recently, i.e. The Teletubbies.
    Personally I learned to read and write before 5 years old by myself just looking at maestro Manzi (an extraordinary primary school teacher) who teached letters by writing and drawing wonderfully on a blackboard. actually that program was supposed to be for analfabet adults since there were quite a number of them in post-war Italy and up to the end of the sixties, also because most people used local dialects and could hardly use Italian, so more than Dante and Manzoni, Leopardi, Verga and other supreme men of letters of the Italian literature it was eventually the Italian state TV (RAI) which succeeded to unify Italy as for its language, by spreading it all over the country.
    I also had the opportunity to listen to some foreign languages lessons (English, French and German too) pretty early.
    Different times then, alas, when classrooms of boys and girls challenged each other on TV and Italian school was among the best in the world and not among the worst in Europe as it is today, at least once the primary/ early secondary is up and with the exception of few too small sized Universities.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-13-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Love it!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream