ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ruler Question

Ruler Question

When I draw on paper I use a ruler as a guide to angles and distances..

In AR Desktop I would like to do the same thing.. Problem is.. I need to be able to move the reference... So it can't be on a layer.. it has to be a reference image.

Problem: The Ruler Stencil (which works perfectly for this) goes underneath the reference image. This makes it impossible to use the ruler for what I need. I can use an external ruler program which will do the same thing and stay on top.

Question: Is it possible to make the ruler in AR be on top so I don't have to use a separate program? Seems like redundancy and clutter to have to do so. I'm not really interested in the tracing layer.. I am trying to do rather "freehand" work and train my eye. Gridding works.. but it doesn't give me fine angles. I would like to be able to use the ruler for this (and maybe the protractor stencil as well.

Thanks so much

There isn't a way to put the ruler on top of references at this time. The way the ruler works is heavily linked to the canvas, it's not something that can be easily applied to other input windows.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.