ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage animation?

Artrage animation?

Hi there,
    The more I draw in Artrage, the more I'd love to be able to make animations with it. The pencil tool is especially cool to me, and if any timeline (such as Flash's one) could be intagrated (or with plug in?), it would be sooo cool!
    Is that something possible? I often animate in Flash but the brush tool (vector), though it's not that bad, is too much smooth, there's not possible texture. A mix beetween Artrage and Flash would be a killing machine!
    Thanks

Have you considered creating your assets in Artrage, exporting your pngs or jpgs into a single folder, then importing them into a 2D animation software such as Spine?

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post
    Have you considered creating your assets in Artrage, exporting your pngs or jpgs into a single folder, then importing them into a 2D animation software such as Spine?
    Excellent idea, tedious but excellent

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Well, export Artrage paintings in png files is one thing, make an animation is an other! One thing that I enjoy in Artrage is the pencil tool and the intuitive and simple interface, and what I enjoy in Flash is keyframes and onion skinning (and other animation tools). But I guess I should look for "real" animation softwares!

Quote Originally Posted by davidgribouille View Post
    But I guess I should look for "real" animation softwares!
    You could use Ulead GifAnimator. It's in the list here. Animation Shop is there too, but I haven't used that.

I've used GifAni a lot over the years and it's simple, and free.