Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to post an image!

Gallery
    View images

How to post an image!

Hi everyone,

I thought it'd be worthwhile quickly going through how to post an image to the Gallery forums, for anyone who's unfamiliar with this.
    For anyone who has an Artrage painting on their computer they wish to share, here's how to do it.

Saving your Painting

Firstly, we'll need to save the painting as a jpeg. To do this, go to the File Menu in ArtRage, and select "Export as Image". At the bottom of the Save As window, you will see a box labelled "Save as Type". Select Jpeg image from the drop down list, enter a filename and save your image somewhere convenient.

Posting an Image

Now we're ready to post it! To create a new post, use the "New Thread" button you'll see near the top of the forum page. After you've clicked this, enter a subject for your message, then go ahead and say what you want to say in the message body.

That's the text part out of the way! When you are creating a new post you'll see a button below the body of the message called 'Manage Attachments'. Click this button, then click the 'Browse' button to locate and click on the file you saved, then click the Open button. Once you've done this, you'll see the file and path listed in the box next to it. Now click the 'Upload' button. A message will be displayed - 'Uploading File(s) - Please Wait'. Once this has completed you can close the window.

You're all done! Click 'Preview Post' down at the bottom of your post to make sure it looks how you want it, then if you're satisfied click 'Submit New Thread'.

A couple of notes.

If your image is bigger than 800 pixels by 800 pixels, a thumbnail of maximum size 800 pixels by 800 pixels will be created. Viewers will be able to click on this image to show your art at its full size in a separate window. The maximum size of image that can be uploaded is 2000 pixels by 2000 pixels and the largest file size is 500kb. If you find that your painting is larger than that, you can use the 'Rescale the painting' option in ArtRage's Edit menu then save a smaller copy of your work.

Finally, an example of what I've been talking about!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    This post is to make up for the fact that Dave's post is the oldest on the forum not to get any replies.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    thanx for that i needed to know how to post

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Dave, a belated 'Thank You' for the information, hope you didn't feel forgotten

irishrose Guest
    Poor Dave... I actually DO have a question though. I tried to upload a few photos this morning and they just got added as thumbnail attachments that cannot be clicked on or made larger. Is it because i got them from the internet and they are already small pixel wise? I don't understand. There's another forum I go to that lets you upload attachments if you don't want a larger photo to be posted, but then you also have the option of clicking on the thumbnail and it will load larger. I can't click on these, but then they must be very small anyway. They were images from the web. Thanks Dave.... may you get more responses to your threads from now on! Matt, you made it happen!

Gallery
    View images
    Heheh, it's no problem! Actually, the reason there are no replies was that the old thread had completely the wrong instructions for the new forums, so I removed the comments which would've been confusing and replaced the contents

Rose, I think I know what the story most likely is there. If you added attachments which were less than 800 x 800 pixels, they will just be added to the post at 100% size without a larger version. If your image exceeds 800 pixels in any dimension, a thumbnail is posted, which can be clicked to display the larger version.

That being said, if that's not what you're seeing, let me know! Just point me to the thread or fire a private message to me and I'll be happy to check it out for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

irishrose Guest
    Dave... thank you for answering my question. That actually is the case, the images are less than 800 x 800 so that answers it completely.

Can I fire a private message at you anyway? I have always wanted to do that... hm, which airsoft gun to use? LOL

Just kidding! thanks so much for answering... I know you have better things to do like WORK ON AR 3! I'm being patient, can't you tell???

Have a great day, all the Ragers!

Gallery
    View images
    Good Morning.
    I have a dificult to upload my picture in the forum gallery because she stay very large.I use http://www.imageshack.us/ and when i do the upload, the image stay very large. You can say me, where is the error?
    Sabena

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Sabena. If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a way to downsize your images? If so, you can try a free program like Irfanview or Photofiltre to resize them.

Gallery
    View images
    HI Robert

I think i solved my problem with the image size. The last picture i put in the gallery has a normal size 800x600 pixels

thank you