ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is there texture size limit for canvas?

Is there texture size limit for canvas?

Hello:

Custom canvas grain can be imported from an image file.

Is there a limit to the size (pixel width x pixel height) of custom canvas grain textures?

If so what is it?

Just to see.. I made a canvas image that was 10,000 X 13,000 pixels (600 DPI).. It loaded fine. I HIGHLY doubt you will ever need anything larger than that

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftOnFire View Post
    Just to see.. I made a canvas image that was 10,000 X 13,000 pixels (600 DPI).. It loaded fine. I HIGHLY doubt you will ever need anything larger than that
    My post could be clearer. I'm wondering if there is a limit to the image file used for the canvas grain.... i.e. the texture imported using "Load from Disk..."

I have tried using a texture exactly the same size as the image just for fun, but the tools do not interact with the texture in the way I would expect, if the texture were working... hence my question.

Name:  Grain.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  11.8 KB

Maybe I'm not understanding.. but I think that's what I did. I took a file.. resized it to 10,000 X 13,000 - Then saved the file. I then went to AR and loaded that file from disk.. it took about 2 secs to load and worked fine as a canvas grain

Hmm... well I have to try this again.

My experience is that everything works fine at high resolution and with many layers.

But save times get very long.

Mic

Thank you Micmac and BruschCraft for answering my question!!

The answer is that there is no imposed "limit" to canvas grain image file resolution.

I'm experimenting with a manual technique: to simulate what translucent paint over existing paint layers (using the bump map as a texture) would look like.

cheers
    DO