ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exporting File to png file without background Imac OS Yosemite

Exporting File to png file without background Imac OS Yosemite

Hi,

Artrage 4.5.6 64 bits on Imac with Os Yosemite.

I've just noted that when I try to export a ptg file (one layer) without background (opacity set to 0 %) using the menu File/Export image File to a png image I got an image with a blank background.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong ?

I have to notice that exporting the same ptg file using Artrage 4.5.6 64 bits on a Windows 10 computer, the export works fine.

Thanks.
    Gabriel.

Welcome to the forum Gabriel. You are not doing anything wrong. PNG file format supports transparency so if your painting has a transparent background exporting to png will preserve that transparency. If you want a white background in your exported image you can either export it as a jpeg or add a layer beneath your painting in ArtRage and fill it with white. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Welcome to the forum Gabriel. You are not doing anything wrong. PNG file format supports transparency so if your painting has a transparent background exporting to png will preserve that transparency. If you want a white background in your exported image you can either export it as a jpeg or add a layer beneath your painting in ArtRage and fill it with white. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Jmac.

Sorry for my bad English. You have misunderstood my request.
    I do want to keep the transparencybut using my IMac I got a png image file with a white background although the ptg file has opacity set to 0%. That does not occur when using a windows10 computer with the same ptg file (original artrage painting file).

I assume it might be a bug in the Mac version of artrage.

Gabriel, There is not a bug. I am not sure what you mean when you say the "ptg file has opacity set to zero". I work on a 27" iMac and I did the attached test using 1 layer. The layer opacity is set to 100%. In the drop down menu in the Layers panel I chose Canvas Settings and set the Canvas Opacity to 0% giving a transparent background to paint on. Then I made some marks and went to the File menu and chose Export Image File and selected Portable Network Graphics Image. I opened that png file in Photoshop to check the background and it is transparent. That file is attached here and though you can't tell in this post, it does have a transparent background. Is it possible you did not change the canvas opacity to 0%?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jmac; 09-28-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Can you tell me exactly which version you have installed on your Mac? (Go to Help > About ArtRage).

Can you also open your Canvas Settings and post the exact settings you are using for me?

In the meantime:

A workaround that doesn't 'care' about your canvas settings is to export the individual layer. Click on that layer, open the menu for it, and 'export individual layer'. It ignores your canvas settings, so will always be transparent.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi Jmac. Thanks alot for the time you are spending on my problem.
    Effectively I can't notice if the png file has a background or not.
    To be clear, what I'm trying to do is to create a simple sticker sheet. When I try to make a new sticker sheet I get an image with a white background and not only the simple image.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong by making the sticker sheet or I'm missing some settings.
    NB My png file has only one layer, opacity 0 %, Metallic 0%, grain size 50, roughness 0.

Hi Hanna.
    Thanks.
    I'm using art rage 4.5.6 64 bits.
    One layer.
    canevas lighting on
    opacity 0%
    metallic 0%
    Grain size 50
    roughness 0.
    As I have just said to Jmac what I'm trying to do is create a sticker sheet and by doing so I get an image with a white background instead of a sticker with the simple image.

Hi Jmac, Hi Hanna,

I want to add that if I use the layer menu (export layer) the sticker sheet comes fine; it's only when I use File/Export image file that I get a problem.
    I should note that doing the same operations with a windows 10 computer (also artrage 456 64 bits), I get no problem.

Can you email us the PTG file so we can take a look? Send it to support@artrage.com.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I'm not sure if you have lighting on when you are making a sticker.. but it must be unchecked