Thread: Play Script on existing Canvas

Play Script on existing Canvas

Hello:

I was wondering what the easiest most straightforward way of playing a script on an existing canvas would be?

I want to experiment with canvas settings (textures, roughness, scale etc.), then play a script, see what the result is like. Also, I would like to USE scripts primarily in the creative process, to do things on various layers etc. not just to share session recordings with others.

Each time I launch a script is closes my open document and starts a new one, which implies the scripting engine is primarily for sharing and not for use in the creative process. Am I doing something wrong?

Any tips?

DO

Sorry for the slow reply, had to do some research on this one!

It is actually possible to do this with the script system as is. There are two things you can do:

First - If you open the script (a copy of it, to be safe) and delete the header and startup features that will cause the script to play back without deleting the current painting. However, while the scripting system supports this functionality it's not fully implemented in the front end yet which means that there's no option to accelerate playback when you do it. I'd suggest deleting any Wait events from the script before playback for now, and play back on a canvas the same size as the original script recording - We've got some notes on enhancements to the script system for the future that cover this kind of functionality with appropriate dialog options.

Second - The scripting documentation also contains information on how you can adjust the Feature Flags in the header block of the script to play back the contents without creating a new project. Set the Script Feature Flags to 0x00000ffff and you're telling the script engine not to create a project for the script.

Method 2 is slightly better in most cases because method 1 removes any tool settings from the initial setup of the tools, while method 2 keeps them in place.

Thanks Matt! I'll give these a try.

Tnx for info its very usefull, but this Set of Flag to this values dont work more on Version 5, can please check this? Tnx

Try setting it to 0x000000000 (or just '0').

Works now, thank you, but if i use this this Value the option Accelerated Playback its gone also the full panel the one come up atm we load a script its gone really. Now the thing i search do its the next and i try all i can do, hope can help with this.
    I made a script working with trace image, i edit the script to switch the trace image from image01green.jpg to imagen02blue.jpg. I already see now the trace image i have its blue and not green (i record the script with green image and now i want play and drag color from blue) i have activated "Automatic Choose Color from trace image", but the script ignore the new trace image and continue painting with green colors. Any chance to improve the script respect the new trace image and drag the colors from them?. I think the problem i have its with this row on the script:

</StrokeEvent>
    Wait: 0.234s EvType: Command CommandID: SetForeColour ParamType: Pixel Value: { 0x0FF55A4CB }

This lock the next Stroke to this color Value: { 0x0FF55A4CB }, but the problem this cause the script ignore the new tracing image colors.
    Its easy changue only a single pixel value, but if i want trace a complex image with thousands of diferent pixels colors its a crazy idea changue each pixel value. Thank your for support. Sorry for my Bad English.
    Last edited by Rimbros; 08-08-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Hi friends, somebody can help? How drag color from actual image on runing macro? tnx.
    Also i have a problem with the post IN THE SEARCH OF THE BEST MACRO OIL PAINT, i cant enter each time i enter my page fall. can check please?.