ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Carnation

A Carnation

A simple flower - along with sweetpeas, carnations are my favourite flowers - pity they have bred the perfume out of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Well June I've see a few Carnations in my time but this 1 looks as if it made of Paper ?? I like it but wouldn't like to try to paint it ok CIAO HASTA LA VISTA

HOO ROO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ............... Take 3 POZDRAWSKI

June, this is a beautiful carnation, one of my favorite flowers, this reminds me of the old painters style, which is a good thing, well done

Nice under-painting. Could perhaps do with a little carnation-y detail to share that it's a carnation. Has sort of a feather duster quality to it presently to my eye. And there could be psychological underpinnings to that as a message surfacing.

Generally, to get it to a point that it says "Carnation', it doesn't mean rendering every little petal, but some indication is a way that some artists use to say just enough and then let the viewer's mind flesh it out. But it usually takes giving the viewer some help as a push in the direction you want them to go.

It's a really good start, and if you were just sharing a lark you had, then all's well and complete. Looks like it was fun, free and easy.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks again everyone - another bit of playing with the paint tube and blender - the outcome of which suggested a carnation - so I went with it. Done in less than 1/2hr.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Very nice June.. Simple.. yet elegant! I agree with D Akey that a few white highlights around the tops of some petals would clarify it a bit more.. But I don't see a feather duster.. I think he just needs to clean his house up

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftOnFire View Post
    But I don't see a feather duster.. I think he just needs to clean his house up
    Hahaha. You are SO right, Mr Fire!

Say, Enug, could I please borrow your carnations for a couple hours? <aaAAACHOOO!!!!> I see a feather duster and NEED to go with it. <snif snif. . .aargh>
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream