ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entrance Way

Entrance Way

Ref from internet, done in oil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Entrance Way.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	87542  

Pat..

Your paintings are so interesting.. The use of color and the layout on each is just wonderful!

Question.. You said done in oil.. you mean on canvas? Or the oil tool on AR? Either way it's magnificent!

Ohh, very sweet and intimate, love the rich warmth of this and would love to walk on in. Pat it occurred to me that with your love of architectural forms there is lurking in there an abstractionist who loves geometrical forms and colors.... I am sure of it...

Hi Bushcraft, thanks for checking it out, all my paintings are done in AR with oil tool, used to do traditional oil but got to many migraines from the fumes, with AR no mess, no fumes, love it lol
    Your so right dear Gary, I am so addicted to AR and the forum I need to go to rehab

Like the entrance into a world caught in a drop of amber. . .

Nice one. You're getting amazing with the tones you're creating through the scenes and colors you're doing.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Another fine painting. I guess You now you know why Escher went all over Italy before starting his mature career, visiting rocky landscapes geometries and intricate mountain villages architectures and topologies ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Another fine painting. I guess You now you know why Escher went all over Italy before starting his mature career, visiting rocky landscapes geometries and intricate mountain villages architectures and topologies ...
    If by that you mean he went to Italy for the pasta fasool before hitting the road, I think you're right.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Certainly for that reason too, dear d Akey, but I had the fortune to see an exhibition of Escher recently and it looks like he enjoyed nor just pasta e fagioli (or past' e fasule in neapolitan dialect) from an artistic standpoint. Obviously that happened well outside the most comfortable or usual tourist places, i.e. also and mainly in Abruzzob and in Basilicata/Calabria.
    Some hint may be found also on wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._C._Escher , but I presume some monographic artbook speculates more deeply on how he got inspirations from landscapes, middle age villages as well as symbols/ badges/ emblems and geometric decorations he found. As a confirmation he was impressed also by the Alhambra, in Spain. By the way, as for the geometric ornaments and decorations, Sicily is the other European place who was under moorish (Arabs not Turks) domain for a period (apart from Spain and Andalusia of course).
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-15-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

WOW Pat, what a great lot of paintings , love all the colours and brush strokes

Love the colors

Beautiful lighting! Truly a wonderful series of paintings Pat.