ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rome Italy

Rome Italy

A beautiful colorful street in Italy, done in oil, few layers, hope you like it Caesar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rome Italy.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	87522  

I do, very much. Just trying to guess where it may be .... Anyway You're an art-gun-machine recently ... and You don't miss a hit!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

pat , what medications are you taking? I want some of them!... your art has really blossomed with vibrant colors and exquisite brushwork and control of the play of light across forms in a rich and decorative way. this piece is really really good!....

So rich and lovely

Beautiful colors, wonderful perspectives, delightfully done!

Pat you are so skillful with the brush - how I wish I could paint something like this and the others you have shown recently. I love the way you apply (dab) the different shades of colour. Do you use any particular presets with the oil brushes? Sometimes it appears to be impasto and others not so much. See, I'm trying to pick your brains because I want to be able to paint some of the scenes in the photos I took while in Italy.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Love the impression of cool shade and the warmth of the outside, Beautiful work, Pat

Thanks so much Caesar, Gary, Marilyn Ann, June and rbrews, really appreciate your wonderful comments
    June, I don't use any presets, I do use the color picker most of the time, sometimes I pick the colors beforehand but not always, I do small areas at a time when I apply the paint, usually set at 30, I shape the area with knife, when it comes to doing a lot of light I usually tweak it up 1 or 2 times the light in the photo, I always work from ref, I wish that I had the talent that some of our friends on AR has but just cannot paint out of my head, I quess my brain is too old lol, I hope this helps a little bit June, try just a square and put in some colors and just try to do some shapes and see what comes up, it may surprise you, have a great day

Nice

Colors light and shade bouncing all over the place. I like it.

Thank you Pat - you make it sound so easy and I know it's not! Did you paint with real paints before going digital?
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you Tanzenkran, really appreciate your comments
    Hi June, I painted with oils on canvas many years ago, took art course when living in Florida for 2 yrs, had to give it up because of the odor in the thinners and smell of oil paint tubes as I suffered bad migraines for many years. Did not paint for many years after that until at my son advised me to check into digital art, he told me of a good program called Artrage and told me to check it out, I loved it from the beginning, no smells, no mess and no migraines lol, so I owe a lot to AR and all the wonderful people in the program, thanks so much for your interest June, really do appreciate it....keep painting as you are very good yourself and should be very proud of your accomplishments