ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling for feedback on my new website... Pretty please?

Calling for feedback on my new website... Pretty please?

Hello fellow Ragers. My son recently helped me fix up a new website to show my artwork, have my blog and make new connections with fellow artists and clients. There is quite a bit of work on the site that I created in ArtRage or mostly ArtRage.

There are some things I plan to work on to improve it further such as captioning and descriptions to expand the experience of your visit. I would really love to hear from any among you who care to offer feedback on the experience of visiting my site. While I do love to hear responses to the artwork itself, I am also interested in hearing about anything that is not working, is confusing or could be refined. I have a contact page with a contact form on the site, or you can private message me here on the forum.

Thanks in advance. :-)

David

www.davidkmanuel.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Home-Page.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	87517
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thumbs up

What I've seen looks great David! I don't have time to go through everything tonight, but I wanted to post here, as a reminder to double check on it again when I have a bit more time.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Your website is beautiful. The background art is as wonderful to take in as the work on display. Personally I hope you will add some examples of your sculpture, traditional and digital, along with the 2D work.

Nothing loaded when I clicked the link. Sorry about it. Not the best feedback, but may prove useful. White screen and endless spinning wheel while I went to get coffee. Still spinning.

OK -- just tried it again and it loaded.

Bradbury link to the video not loading (Day at Night).

Logos selection not loading.

I'll leave it at that until you sort it out. The art looks great. Not sure if that's what's slowing load times down. I don't know a lot about web design but my distant memory is that using pre-loaders is not a bad thing -- or maybe I just logged in while it was under construction or doing maintenance. Thurs 9-10-15 around 7am Pacific time. My internet connection has been kinda slow the last couple days so my getting things to load could have been a problem on my end or with my server.

I love the Khalil Gibran quote about work.

Oh, should mention that the problem was in the black pull down menu to the right with a list of the pages. The buttons at the top seem to be working.

I probably just hit it during maintenance or something.

==================
    Edit: Added later same day at 1:50pm

Everything's working great! So it was like it was a momentary problem.

Well done! and best wishes.
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-11-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'll explore and recommend it for sure. In the meanwhile best wishes. I'll certainly enjoy Your artworld very much!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi David,
    I have been exploring your site and found it very smooth and extremely well done. A spot of inspiration and joy and very professional work. I think it will bring you many rewards and joys ...

Hi David, checked out your website and it looks great, had no problems at all with it, will be going back again, artwork fantastic of course

With my android tablet it didn't look optimized in any feature as yet, but I'll check again and more extensively. This evening I'll check also with the Pc and laptop where it should work perfectly I expect, reading Pat's comment. No doubt or reserve about Your art though, which always works exceptionally!

Hi David, I enjoyed looking through your website.

Some thoughts:

• I would prefer your about page in first person. Well, the browser window does have the title "About Me" up the top, but then it says "he" and "his" etc
    • Love the background on your portfolio page, and how the captions come up on the images when I hover over them - nice font use.
    • Picture pages a little slow to load. Anyone on dialup (and surprisingly there are those) would probably find it won't load. Slideshows worked well.
    • Not sure whether "On the record" is supposed to be "For the record" on your blog page? Love the setup of the blog.

Really impressive website. Thanks for sharing it

Checked again with the tablet and found no problem right now (like little writing superimposed to image etc...) It works fine, it's simple and effective, Your art is excellent ... and You even dare listen patiently to people asking for instruction and teaching ... This is the atelier of St. Fashmir then ... LOL

As for the use of the third person speaking of Yourself, that of Hildee may be a good point, but after all it's usual with curricula (pl. from Latin curriculum) vitae. It could have been worse if You rather used We, i.e. the pluralis majestatis, or majesty plural. It wouldn't have supported too well the modesty that You indeed always show and which adds to the admiration You raise.

Take care and all the best, dear friend

Cesare
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-12-2015 at 12:17 AM.