ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sticker and random luminance

Sticker and random luminance

Hi there

I would expect that:

if I set [Spray Variation/Luminance/Random/-4] I would see my chosen color plus some darker color.

and

if I set [Spray Variation/Luminance/Random/+4] I would see my chosen color plus some lighter color.

But that seams not to be the case.

I get the same variation whatever it is plus or minus.

Mic

From what I understand of the luminance/random dial, it basically adjusts the base value. Whether you make the vault of the randomization positive or negative is irrelevant, because the shift will always bounce between the range of steps. To control where those values stand on the luminance scale, you need to shift the Base Value to match. So if you're looking for a shift of luminance that only only goes from the base value into a lighter range, you'd want to increase the luminance/Base Value dial to a positive value, along with the luminance/random dial.

For example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ranges.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	87511
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yup. Or to put it another way, the Random value tells it to vary by X% around the current value. You can't have a negative percentage for this specific case.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thank you to both for the reply

Special thanks to Someonesane for taking time to verify the problem an bringing/illustrating a solution.
    Great it is just as I want it!

Mic