ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge

My sweet Jasper has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

My husband spent a few days in hospital this week with a lung infection - I've had better weeks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Bridge.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	371.5 KB 
ID:	87453
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

My condolences June, it is hard when a beloved pet passes. This is a beautiful tribute to Jasper...

June, I am so sorry for what you are going thru, this is a sad time for you as we all know, your painting of Jasper is beautiful, I hope your husband is feeling better now, keep up your wonderful paintings as it helps so much, I found that out when we lost our beloved dog Casey, it took us over 2 years to adopt another and he is so cute and funny(Riley) has given us so many laughs and keeps us busy, take care and just paint, paint and paint

Such a sweet memory. Beautiful painting. I'm sure you made his time here exactly as you depicted.
    Thanks for giving us a look through your eyes at your beloved friend.

Now then, I think the job may fall on your husband to leave the occasional dead rodent at the door. Somebody's got to step up and carry the tradition forward. Moreover, he seemed particularly adept at leaving things about (like your laptop), so he's the next logical choice for the task.

Feel better, June. Beautiful painting.

Last edited by D Akey; 09-07-2015 at 05:21 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Such a sweetie!

So beautiful and I understand just how you feel.

Thank you friends for your kind thoughts. We know when we welcome a new pet into our home that it will end in heartbreak but it is worth it. He is resting in one of his favourite spots in the garden where I can visit. We had hoped to have had longer with Jasper after the initial diagnosis but he went downhill very quickly and we owed it to him to let him go. Of all the cats that have shared our lives he was the special one.

My son-in-law kindly prepared a spot for Jasper but I think he would have balked at doing the same for Frank so it's as well he's recovering tho I have my suspicions he's enjoying the extra care and attention he's getting.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Your painting is very touching having read the back story. You have captured the cat beautifully. Keep smiling and painting..

Thank you so much.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

I'm very sorry for You hubbie, dear Junie, and also for Your pet loss. I expected to find a tresure pot the other side of the rainbow bridge, but I think I'd rather wait a little more befor crossing (hopefully), also because I guess it would lead to Aasgard rather than to the traditional Heaven according to nordic mythology.
    My best wishes for a prompt and complete recovery of your husband so that You may soon have another thrilling vacation overseas ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks Caesar - I'm hoping to find Jasper at the end of my rainbow - who knows what awaits us?

As for Frank - we found out today that he had the severe strain of 'flu that has caused so many deaths - luckily he had received his annual vaccination or it could have been much worse. His GP needed to see him today to prescribe a different antibiotic - the hospital had sent him home with the wrong medication. He has been told that it will probably be be another month before he fully recovers.

So looks like I will have to take over some of his chores for a few more weeks. Any volunteers for mowing the lawns and putting out the garbage bins???
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.