ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transform. What am I doing wrong?

Transform. What am I doing wrong?

I'm doing something wrong, but I can't work out what!

When I transform an image and press enter, instead of a single image I get, neatly spaced out, duplicate versions.

I've obviously accidentally made a setting but I can't work out what.

Can anyone help?

Windows 10, latest version of Artrage.

Hi Pat,
    Well that is most strange, I don't think you have set anything by mistake, I certainly can't think of any settings offhand that are supposed to initiate what you've describe.
    If you shutdown/restart your computer can you still replicate this behavior?
    If it dose persist are you able make a screen recording of it happening? That might be helpful to see.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks Mark, I will try it later on tonight.

I can work round it by selecting one image, reversing the Selection and deleting the rest.

Pat

That's very strange! Can you send:

- a screenshot
    - your OS and artrage edition details
    - the exact process you're using to transform

To support@artrage.com?

Can you also check whether it happens if you close and reopen ArtRage, and if you try with a new or different file?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I've attached a file. I hope you can see what I mean.

The small (tiny) sailor should have been transformed into a single image, but shows as multiple images, all neatly spaced out.

My suspicion is that I'm doing something obvious and will kick myself when I realise!

Artrage 4.5.6 64 bit
    Windows 10 with all latest updates
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	87452  

Hi again,
    Well, I really don't think it's anything to do with you missing something Pat. Try as I might, I'm still unable to replicate what you're getting there.
    So it's back to more questions I afraid!
    Did you try restarting your system?
    This behaviour persists even after a system restart?
    Is this the only AR file you have that behaves like this or do you get this happening in other paintings too?

I would also suggest if this is persistent behaviour, sending the affected .ptg painting file to: support@artrage.com for them to prod and poke.
    As nobody else seems to be reporting this behaviour it could be something specific to your system, so something else you might try is to record what you are doing with AR's Script function. It might show up something of AR's inner workings when looked at in a text editor that might help explain what's going on.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks for looking, Mark.

This has happened over a period of time, with, naturally, the system restarting.

It happens inconsistently to other paintings, too.

Because there is a simple work-round (I select one image and delete the rest) I don't restart Artarge at the time to see if that solves it.

Again, thanks for looking,

Pat

Hi Pat,

Have you used the Grid feature during the production of this image, at some point? Maybe you've been stumbling across some sort of glitch that's related to it's snap feature and one of the other features?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for asking, no, I never use Grid. I wonder if, somewhere, I have snap-to-grid set? I'll look.

It has the look of some form of tiling.

Yes, I wondered that too about Grids, along with Pattern Fill, Tilling, Symmetry and even whether there was a full moon!
    All to no avail still sadly
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff: