Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offset brush vs dual monitors and pen input.

Unhappy Offset brush vs dual monitors and pen input.

After upgrading to Dual monitors, Artrage 4 developed an insanely annoying quirk pen input is now offset to the left of the cursor. Using other inputs are fine they line up perfectly and it's only on the document itself, navigating the menus, sliders, even going off to the windows toolbar shows no signs of the issue.

Anyone have any fixes, workarounds sans removing a display?

Things tried;
    • Configure/Diagnose/Update/Moved tablet - works fine with everything else it is not the problem.
    • Changed main screen, positions, adapters, resolution - only clone displays worked which is redundant and changing positions made it worse it just drew anywhere rather than the same spot.
    • Removed a display - worked 'duh' but is as redundant as cloning.
    • Reinstalled.

Windows 7 x64.

I've never encountered this problem but it sounds like a driver issue to me.
    Is the tablet correctly mapped to the monitors? If you can post more info about what tablet you have etc.. that might help others here suggest something.
    Another thought, did you have to install any software that came with your second monitor to allow multi screen use on a Windows system? I ask as my monitor did come with such software but I had no need to install it as I'm on a Mac. If it did, I'm wondering if that and the tablet drivers are possibly conflicting?
    But I am just making guesses here I'm afraid
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionaryGalaxy View Post
    After upgrading to Dual monitors, Artrage 4 developed an insanely annoying quirk pen input is now offset to the left of the cursor. Using other inputs are fine they line up perfectly and it's only on the document itself, navigating the menus, sliders, even going off to the windows toolbar shows no signs of the issue.

Anyone have any fixes, workarounds sans removing a display?

Things tried;
    • Configure/Diagnose/Update/Moved tablet - works fine with everything else it is not the problem.
    • Changed main screen, positions, adapters, resolution - only clone displays worked which is redundant and changing positions made it worse it just drew anywhere rather than the same spot.
    • Removed a display - worked 'duh' but is as redundant as cloning.
    • Reinstalled.

Windows 7 x64.
    Did you find a sollution? I have the same problem. - Working with Windows 10, Artrage 5 (updated), latest Wacom Intuos Pro drivers. Whe I use extended monitors, I get the offset.

Hi Daniel,
    I’m afraid we may never know what happened for the original poster. That was their one and only post in these forums.
    I still think it sounds like some kind of driver thing but I would suggest that you contact Ambient Design directly about it here: [email protected]
    Hope you can get it sorted soon, good luck!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks a lot, mate! I will contact them, and if they give the sollution I will post it here.

Cheers!

I am working on a Mac and a pc and I use wacom tablets. I don't know about dual monitors but I am having a lot of consternation with the intuos drivers and cursors since moving to windows 10 so it make take a driver patch to fix who knows. I have taken to ignoring it but .....well i can't.

Still haven't got any response. I guess the Artrage team may be at vacation. Let's wait....
    It is a bummer that I can't use the other monitor to put the references. :/

Apologies, I thought I replied to you. I definitely remember passing your issue along - we don't have an answer yet about why it's happening, unfortunately.

Ok Hannah! No worries!

Hope you guys can solve it in the future.

Cheers!

Only happens with precise tablet ON

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Apologies, I thought I replied to you. I definitely remember passing your issue along - we don't have an answer yet about why it's happening, unfortunately.
    Hi again!

I figured out that the offset only occurs when "Precise Tablet" option is turned on in the preferences panel. YES! A SOLLUTION! Not quite... The problem is that without Precise Tablet the lines get jitter. Here are some pics showing it:
    1) With Precise Tablet off and Real Time Stylus on: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_38.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	93749

2) With Precise Tablet on and Real Time Stylus off:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_39.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	93750

3) With Precise Tablet off and Real Time Stylus off:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_40.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	93751

So, only with Precise Tablet the jitter stops, and only with it the offset problem occurs. :/

For now I think I prefer to keep my lines smooth. But maybe this information can help you guys filter the problem.

Best of luck! Cheers!