ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Processor selection

Processor selection

(Translate) Tell me, please, it makes sense to work in ArtRage buy 8 cores? What better buy: Intel Core i7-5960X processor or Intel Core i7-4790K?

Hello usenkomaxim and welcome to the AR forums
    I don't think I can give you an answer but it is an interesting question and one I've asked myself sometimes.
    Both are going to perform well. My gut feeling is that 8 physical cores might be an advantage when using brushes at large sizes, like say the Watercolour brush at 500% or when moving layers on a really large canvas.
    But on the other hand 4 cores will have a faster clock speed and AR dose likes that. Hummm… it is an interesting question.
    Hopefully on of the developers will stop by and give their thoughts on this intriguing question.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

10000:7000 px

(translate) Hi, Markw. I have been working professionally with illustrations, it is important to me is a great solution. Plans to commercial order with sizes of the image about 10000:7000 px. My usual Intel I5 3570 harmed by such authorization. Besides, as you say, brushes on 500% will slow down. Developers, please answer whether the ArtRage 4.5 full power is rated Intel Core i7-5960X?

ArtRage should take advantage of the 8 cores so that should create a good speed boost.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

MattRage, thanks for the good news!